• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crazy K

• birdman

• GP1138

• pwmin

Top Posters In This Topic

PM DaveFromColorado. He's the one who knew how to wire it up.

Does your Lumina even have the 4T60-E? You have to have the "E" trans to be able to enable the Second Gear Start...

PM DaveFromColorado. He's the one who knew how to wire it up.

Does your Lumina even have the 4T60-E? You have to have the "E" trans to be able to enable the Second Gear Start...

yep i sure do, and ill pm him and see whats up thanks.

2nd gear start is useless

if you can't get a fwd car going in snow without 2nd gear start, you're a dumbass

BZZT! Wrong. I'm not a dumbass, and I use 2nd gear start to help out a lot. They put it there for a reason. It doesn't take the place of intelligent, prudent accelerating.

That's like saying if you can't stop without ABS, you're a dumbass.

I never even knew that option existed until a few days ago... I saw something like that in manual transmission cars, although I'm not sure exactly what it's supposed to do... But I never knew a auto tranny would get that. So would that take lots of wiring to put in a CS?

I saw something like that in manual transmission cars, although I'm not sure exactly what it's supposed to do...

huh? In a manual you could always start in second gear manually! :lol:

What are you refering to, traction control?

GPs had the option on having second gear start, when they had the 4t60-e tranny. It's the same transmission, I assume the switch might just disconnect the circuit that would tell the tranny to downshift to 1st (the E obviously is instructed to shift electrically) It should be doable, if you can figure out how it works.

Also, does the car have an indicator for this?

And on a side note, anyone know if traction control can be added?

I'm positive it was a manual tranny car. If I remember correctly it was 1992 or something Talon. My friends brother bought it, and it had some sort of a aid to get going. As far as I knew it only worked when you tried to get going, it made it easier to get going, or some shit like that. It wasn't traction control... If someone knows, clear that up please..

the 2nd gear start wire is located on the computer, pin D6 on your computer, to activate it, run a wire from that pin to ground, and you're starting in 2nd gear. D6 should be (when looking at the computer) on the plug furthest to the right, on the top right corner of that plug.

P1010030%20copy.jpg

--Dave.

hell i just drove thru about 12 inchs of snow the other daywith not many problems. as long as you dont have a lead foot you should be good, i started in first everytime and never lost my grip much just be light on the gas. :bash:

now guys, stop posting BS posts, this could be a good topic if people don't ruin it by being assholes and post whores.

I use the second gear start all the time. where I live, there's a big hill, and in the middle of it, there's a stopsign, using the second gear start, with extremely light throtle helps me get through the stopsign without any troubles, that's usually the only place where I'll use it.

The 2nd gear start is a nice feature to have, may not use it all the time, but when you need it, it's nice to know it's there.

Also, I don't have the info for the OBD-II computers, I only reasearched it for the older ones ... I'll poke 'round and see what I can come up with for the newer ones tho ...

--Dave.

thanks for all the info, most of the reason i wanted to do it is because for one, no lumins to my knowladge has it yet, and for two the stupid ass plow trucks alawys leave me a nice snow mountian at the edge of my driveway if and when they do finally get to my neighborhood.

wow

sorry guys, I didn't know 2nd gear start was so necessary.

I've never had it, and I'm going on my 4th Michigan winter, one of those winters in a RWD Pickup, without any problems. But hey, that's just me.

anyways, :thumbsup:

wow

I've never had it, and I'm going on my 4th Michigan winter, one of those winters in a RWD Pickup, without any problems. But hey, that's just me.

It's not, that's not what we're saying. I'm saying it's nice to have, and I make use of it. Thanks for calling me a dumbass. And yeah, you are being an asshole. And that's unneccessary.

wow

It's not, that's not what we're saying. I'm saying it's nice to have, and I make use of it. Thanks for calling me a dumbass. And yeah, you are being an asshole. And that's unneccessary.

I aplogize. Sorry for being offensive; I didn't mean to attach anyone personally. :oops:

wow

I aplogize. Sorry for being offensive; I didn't mean to attach anyone personally. :oops:

It's alright, I know you didn't mean it, but you sometimes say things and don't realize that they apply to one or more people here.

wow

It's alright, I know you didn't mean it, but you sometimes say things and don't realize that they apply to one or more people here.

once again, I aplogize to John, and everyone else in this thread

Well, I have no problem getting going with my car on ice. It's not like my 3100 can spin the tires anyways :lol: j/k, but I would still like to set that up in my car. My car is as basic as they come. I wouldn't mind adding something like that, a "cool" little gadget in there... That is ofcourse if someone knows which pin it is on OBD II PCM.