New Green stuff pads

z34Phoenix

Just put them on and bled the front brakes. !!!! these pads arent even bedded in yet, and they rock. very grippy! havent hit them hard yet, got to bed them in tonight and give them that 100 mile break in. but i can tell already they are great!

they are f(as the title says) EBC green stuff front pads. for my 96 Z34. they are a kevlar/graphite. says that they make less dust then ceramic's and the dust is more easily removed. also they say they have a great bite when cold. (i can vouch for this!) when i searched reviews on these i kept finding info on the WRX croud. they all swear by them.

if anyone is looking for new pads for street get these! they also have a red and yellow version one is for autoX/Street the other is for 100% autoX. hope this info helps yall

i am going to try them along with slotted rotors and goodridge ss lines next time i need to change my pads. i have heard some not-so-good things about them, but im glad ive heard positive things about them. any store that can go through keystone (this is where im going to get them) or reliable should be able to order them too (the local advance auto parts can get reliable), but they probably wont cost any less

Hi z34phoenix

I think you are the first person I have read about using Green Stuff pads that would be the same as my 96 Regal.

Do the Green Stuff pads have anti squeak shims on the back?

Is the friction material the same size as stock pads?

Thanks

Ron

I installed the GreenStuff pads on the front of my old 96 Lumina last summer. I agree, they do have great "bite," however they create quite a bit of dust (way more than the Raybestos QuietStop ceramics I had on the car previously) and are very noisy when you apply the brakes (they squeal just like a semi-metallic pad would.)

If you don't mind the extra dust or the excessive squealing, then these are a great investment. You'll see a definite improvement in braking.

I bought mine from The TireRack for $59...

well mine arent squealing they did a little bit when i started to bed them, but after i finished they are quiet! cant talk about dust, just gottem. but they dont seem noisy

and i am originally from Pittsburgh so i know about cold, OK

the pads cost me $50 with free shipping!