winter rims?

Cam'ron

i am thinking i might get some steelies for my monte for the winter with some winter tires but i was wondering if it is possible to down size to 15" rims'n'tires to save a bit of cash, 0r am i stuck with 16"s

yeah i knew about that i was wondering if i could get away with a 15" rim without any clearance issues with the brakes etc...

i know i can get a set of 15's alot cheaper than 16's

how much distance is there from your caliper to the inside of the wheel? if its more than .5", then you should be ok. also, you might want to look into some stock stealies from the chrysler LH replacement cars.

i am thinking i might get some steelies for my monte for the winter with some winter tires but i was wondering if it is possible to down size to 15" rims'n'tires to save a bit of cash, 0r am i stuck with 16"s

Nope; 15" rims won't work. I wanted to do the same thing on my Impala. Our cars have the 12" rotors up front which don't allow the swap. On my car, with the steelies, I can see the caliper clearance through the holes and it's not much. I tried to find a cheap 2nd set of 16" steelies for mine for snow tires, but ran out of time. From what I gather, the only donor cars for the steelies are '00-up Impala/Monte Carlo/Bonneville, '04-up Grand Prix, and Aztek/Rendezvous.

Nope; 15" rims won't work. I wanted to do the same thing on my Impala. Our cars have the 12" rotors up front which don't allow the swap. On my car, with the steelies, I can see the caliper clearance through the holes and it's not much. I tried to find a cheap 2nd set of 16" steelies for mine for snow tires, but ran out of time. From what I gather, the only donor cars for the steelies are '00-up Impala/Monte Carlo/Bonneville, '04-up Grand Prix, and Aztek/Rendezvous.

ah thanks for that info..i was gonna say that the 15's would probably work!!

just find some steelies from the car's he listed above and you'll be set :wink: