Wheel offset calculation

TGPilot

Well, currently I have these wheels: http://www.enkei.com/RacingSeriesSpecs/NTO3+M.html

I have the 17x8" wheels. They have a 35mm offset, and only weight 18.8 lbs a piece( :wink: ). They have 245/45/17 tires on them, and at the flares line up perfectly. Now, where it curves inward towards the front bumper, I can see the tire, and I like the look. To me, it gives it a meaner stance.

So.... Maybe a set of Mustang wheels wouldn't look all that bad afterall...

EDIT: After a quick search, Cobra wheels are right around a +45mm offset. I wonder how that would look?

:thumbsup: I think they'll look good on the TGP. TGP definitely needs a wheel with lip, I guess because I'm used to seeing crosslace on 'em which has a lip. I'm not sure if I like the silver center or not, I was thinking the wheels being all black except the lip would look good. Although I'm sure it'll look pretty good either way.

Yellow TGP, eh? I think that'll be a first!

The silver center is something I will have to see on the car first. I can have them anodized by a local friend to another color or match the wheel if it looks too gawdy. :wink:

Yes YELLOW!! :wink: I have always liked the Audi's, BMW's, Ferrari's with the bright yellow look with dark dark tinted windows. There is a guy in my neighborhood who has an M3 that was custom painted with some Ferrari yellow paint code in Germany as it was coming off the assembly line. He is ex-military by the way. That car is FRIKKIN GORGEOUS! There is an Audi A4 AWD Turbo car that is factory yellow that looks gorgeous too. Another neighbor and he has some major mods under the hood on that car...leaves my TGP sitting still from a 10MPH roll! :wink: