right part numbers? EDIT: installed

pwmin

Guest TurboSedan
for the 7/8" monte carlo ("gen 1.5 w") sway bar..

bracket 10259660

??????????

both of my brackets have that # stamped into them. that is probably just the lower half of the inner bracket though, the upper part of the bracket (that bolts to the frame) has a different part number. you could probably reuse the upper part of the inner bracket you already have though. i'm assuming the lower part of the inner bracket is what broke?

i need the upper part too. any idea on the pn of those? i ordered them already, so hopefully i can figure that out soon. i chopped the lower half off and bolted the sway bar with supplied brackets through the top half and it broke, so ill need the whole thing

thx

wait, i think i know what you mean. the part that hangs down like a u-shape? that part is ok. i can take a pic to clarify.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: got the parts installed. the bushing seemed a little small but clamped down around it good enough. no more noise and shouldnt break or move since the bushings are very tight.

• 1 month later...
Guest TurboSedan

so you are using GM hangers (inner brackets)....what are you using for outer clamps/bushings with your Addco bar?

i'm going to try using the same GM 22mm inner hangers as you (that i got from the '95 Brickyard Monte) - if that doesn't work i'll cut the stock inner brackets like the Addco directions show and do it that way.

as far as outer bushings/clamps though...the Addco hardware i have doesn't fit! :? the holes in the bushing clamp that bolts to the lower strut are so far apart that i can't even slide them over the lower strut bolts. i might be able to grind out the holes in the clamp to make it fit, but if not i'll just try using the 22mm GM outer clamps (from the same '95 Brickyard Monte).

hope this works out, i have a feeling i'm going to be fighting with this all day tomarrow.