What Oil do you use?

Prospeeder

I didnt know what other W users were using

I use 10w-30 Valvoline Durablend Senthetic Blend

10w-30 is what my manual calls for, is this for the turbo 3.1 only or do ALL 3.1's use 10w-30 oil? just curious

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pitzel

• Supreme Cutlass

• bartonmd

• 19Cutlass94

On teh oil cap is says 5w30, so that's what I put in it.

I usually buy cheap oil (under $10CAD for a galon). But I'm thinking of a medium-priced semi-sythetic or "high mileage" oil since winter is kinda hard on the car- might do it on the weekend. I change the oil every 5000km or sooner.

Castrol GTX in all of my cars. The new cars get the regular "White Bottle" stuff, and the Regal gets the "High Mileage" stuff in the green bottle.

I run 5W30 in the Impala year round, 10W30 in the other 2 year round...

FULL SYNTHETIC: Our Hot Running Engines will make regular oil degrade much faster.

Valvoline maxlife was what i was using, and i still would if i could get the economy 5qt jug where i now live

recently I started using Castrol Syntec instead as more cost effective and I have friends who stand by it.

These both go around 6000 miles before starting to seriously discolor

I also use magnetic oil plugs and ac delco filters, longer pf52's when possible.

5W30 in everything, except my 92 lumina which wants 10w30 with 205k on the clock on those dog days of summer.

And one of my previous bosses claims the castrol had the best specs in tests conducted by the indiana DOT when he worked for them.

And one of my previous bosses claims the castrol had the best specs in tests conducted by the indiana DOT when he worked for them.

Castrol GTX 10w30 in mine, and PF52's

and well, honestly... indiana.... ehh, nevermind

the saturn got the cheapest 5 or 0w30 i could find at walmart... i quit changing the oil filter since the car burned so much oil anyways.

If I change my oil (as is the case most of the time): Wal-Mart cheap shit 5w-30. When it's winter and I have the quick lube do it, I've usually just taken Pennzoil, but I just realized they give you a choice, so I think I'll go with Mobil from now on. Paraffin or no, those rumors about Pennzoil are enough for me.

I run Valvoline 10W-30 durablend in the STE, it seems to work great, I'm happy with it. In the Lumina I used to run Valvoline Max Life Synthetic and that oil was awesome as well. I changed the oil every 2700 miles or so (just because its only $20 and it can't hurt) and when I changed it the oil was always clear. When Nick bought the car I had actually gone 3100 miles since the last oil change because I hadn't got around to changing it and the oil was still clear.

I run the cheapest oil I can find in my T/A...when I put the new engine in next year that'll change.

Shawn