question about snow tires

White93z34

i can get a set of 15' steel wheels and 4 very good snow tires that ate 205/60/15, i figgured out that my speedo will be off by about 7%, would you let this bother you? that means at 60 i'll be doing around 55

Personally I wouldn't mind the offset in the speedo. I'd just have to remember to drive 5MPH faster. ;)

I too hear that snow tires are a worthwhile upgrade. I've never used them before, but my W handled decent last winter.

i'm just so sick and tired of slideing and spinning my way through winters, i can get a set of 15' steelies cheep enough, and my grandfather has a set of 205/60/15 toyo snow tires that are about perfect and he said i could have them, then i was at teh shop yesterday and found another set of 205/60/15 snow tires, so the way i see it i could be totally set for the next 3 or so winters for about $100

DO IT! I have snow tires on my car and I would NEVER drive in a winter without 4 snow tires on any car. In my experience they make a world of difference. If you can be set for 100 bucks for 3 winters, I'd be doing it without even thinking about it, even with the speedo being off.

I have 205/70/15 (same size as minivan tires) on my old sawblade rims. THEY are actually suppose to be around 7% off, compared to 225/60/16s. I dunno what the stock tires you have are but it would be more than 7% off... still not a big deal.