Winter wiper blades

Intlcutlass

Well, I have used (And my family always has used) Anco winter wipers.. Hell, my Grampa used them all year round, sometimes for years on end, and they always worked well.. Summer or winter.. I need new wipers as it is, and those are I am buying..

I used Anco and then switched to Bosch. I've had a very positive experience with Bosch MicroBlade Excels (i think that's what they're called). In my experience, the Bosch worked a bit better than Anco's. If you're looking for cheaper and work well go Anco, if you are willing to pay more get the Bosch.

If you have the stock wiper blade holders, i wouldn't bother...it seems that even my summer ancos seem to start to lift off the windshield in crosswinds at highway speeds...very annoying. Gotta get me some stock ones sometime soon.

Trico. ive had the same set for 15000miles and when i had anco's, they would only last 5K. winter blades are worthless too imo. from what ive seen they dont help at all and usually dont work as well under normal conditions

I use Anco because they're cheap, but I don't think it really matters. All these wipers suck in the winter. Too much snow and ice gets packed down there and those wipers like to get stuck. I need to start building my prototype heated cowl.

I use Bosch Micro Edges as well. I used to sell them at the place I worked at. After I quit there, and started using different brands, I was never satisfied with them after about 4 months. So now I go with bosch on my daily driver (Beretta) and generally cheapo ($7) Carquest brand on the TSTE and (soon on the) GTS.

If I had money to blow I'd get Bosches on all 3 cars, but only really drive the Beretta in rain and such.

I've got Bosch Micro Edge blades on my car. I guess they're ok, no lifting or anything, but they smear after about a year of use. I put them on in early December 04, and throughout last winter, they smeared when you get slushy/dirty snow up on the windshield. It's raining out atm, so maybe i can get some pics.

We had Ancos on our 87 Camry (was Consumer Report's #1 in tested wiper blades). Those went longer without smearing, but they still didn't last too long.

I'm debating going down to the dealership and picking up some some GM blades. My experience says aftermarket blades suck, but thats just me.

Winter Blades are useless. I live in snow country. just use replacements.

See

:werd:

I just use stock replacements....my damn wipers lift off the windshield as well....pisses me off....

My dad still has the ORIGINAL wipers on his Tauurs.....fucking chunks are missing and such "Dad you should replace those!" "What, don't tell me what to do, they are still fine!" haha!!!

I've got Bosch Micro Edge blades on my car. I guess they're ok, no lifting or anything, but they smear after about a year of use. I put them on in early December 04, and throughout last winter, they smeared when you get slushy/dirty snow up on the windshield. It's raining out atm, so maybe i can get some pics.

We had Ancos on our 87 Camry (was Consumer Report's #1 in tested wiper blades). Those went longer without smearing, but they still didn't last too long.

I'm debating going down to the dealership and picking up some some GM blades. My experience says aftermarket blades suck, but thats just me.

i dunno what you're talking about...i've had the same pair of bosch micro blade wipers on my cutty for almost 2 years and now I finally have a streak on the driver blade. It may just be I have to pick up the wiper blade to get debris from under it, which has happened before. I might replace them before winter starts though.

Trico > All

But right now I have on some Bosch somethings that Valvoline slapped on for me to pass inspection :gone2far:

you need wiper blades to pass inspection....talk about anal...damn NY

i use Anco...never had a problem with them...when i feel like shelling out double what Anco's cost for Bosch...then i'll do it

i dunno what you're talking about...i've had the same pair of bosch micro blade wipers on my cutty for almost 2 years and now I finally have a streak on the driver blade. It may just be I have to pick up the wiper blade to get debris from under it, which has happened before. I might replace them before winter starts though.

Yeah, I don't really take good care of my wiper blades...I usually let the debris get pushed around, rather than cleaning it out (unless it's like a huge leaf or something massive). Plus they're hard to get to, as they mostly hide under the hood, much like your 1 gen.

Either way, aftermarket wipers aren't as good as stock imo.

The anco winter blades are about the same price (Edit: mine were actually cheaper) as regular middle grade blades at advance auto parts and the only difference is that the winter blade has extra rubber around it so it doesnt get snow and ice packed into it. i just keep those on all year round

... the only difference is that the winter blade has extra rubber around it so it doesnt get snow and ice packed into it. i just keep those on all year round

When that happens, barely ever, I just bring the wipers to the top of there cycle shut the car off and lift them so they smash the windshield a few times. clears em right up.

Yeah, I don't really take good care of my wiper blades...I usually let the debris get pushed around, rather than cleaning it out (unless it's like a huge leaf or something massive). Plus they're hard to get to, as they mostly hide under the hood, much like your 1 gen.

:werd: Its like fifteen bucks. I'll not waste my time on them and just replace 'em once a year.

Recently bought a pair of AC Delco's, was in a hurry and they were convienent figured I had just waisted my money, actually they surprised me. We just had our first snow in Ohio and basically they have so far performed really well in the rain and snow both. In the past I used ANCO.