Handbrake

fastbird232

I have been thinking of the same thing.. Only having it located like Fieros do.. Down on the side.. It would make me more apt to using it if it werent a stupid "pump to set" thing.. Just pull the brake and you're set (BTW, Im talking for the 5 speed Lumi only.. The only time I would use the EBrake..)

Yea I hate the current location, I was thinking about this too. Also, is it really necesarry to hold the brake down, and then pump the parking brake with your other foot, or can you just hit the parking brake? I think I read in the user manual or somewhere that you gotta hold the regular brake too.

Yea I hate the current location, I was thinking about this too. Also, is it really necesarry to hold the brake down, and then pump the parking brake with your other foot, or can you just hit the parking brake? I think I read in the user manual or somewhere that you gotta hold the regular brake too.

I believe there is a bennifit of doing this. IF you don't, you can get "torque lock" if you are parked on an incline, making it hard to shift out of park. I dunno if that's really a problem with our trannies though. I always put the brake on, then the e-brake, then park. That way the weight of the car is resting on the e-brake not the tranny.

I usually don't use the e-brake, because I've been reading horrible things about them since I joined, lol. When my rear right wheel was locking up, that was the first suggestion I got, haha. But when the snow was here, and I took a couple corners fast only to notice my car starts understeering instead of the rear end sliding out, I used the e-brake to swing the rear out, although it's hard as fuck to do, well for now. Is it normal that it understeers when I take a turn fast even on snow/ice, I know my dads, and my brothers cars the rear slides out. Would a rear Sway bar help that, because I don't have one. Also, does any W sway bar fit in the back, and how does it mount? How do I know if I have the mounts for them, I remember reading that one member here I think TurboSedan mentioned a while ago, that there is nowhere to mount it on his car, so he has to figure something out.

I usually don't use the e-brake, because I've been reading horrible things about them since I joined, lol.

94?s and up have the better calipers. I use my e-brake everyday, I love my brakes. If you don't use it, you lose it. The older style brakes were shitty though, on my 88 GP it locked up cause I never used it. One time it locked my left rear tire solid! It was like "SCREEETCH!!" on the hot pavement! :lol:

my 94+ rear upgrades lock when i apply the e-brake, damn rusted spring. I just dont use it. Hand break would be sweet, although i did pull the rear around the corner and drifted all the way on to my driveway without one. Take a look, drive way is about 20 feet to the left of this pic.

I love winter driving.

I usually don't use the e-brake, because I've been reading horrible things about them since I joined, lol.

You're better off using it than not. If you don't use it it's more likely to rust and seize up. Using it consistently will keep it freed up. Just don't leave it set over a long period of time (like if you go away on vacation for a few weeks, or park the car for the winter). You could have a bitch of a time getting them to unlock.

i was also thinking about riging up an ebrake handle. i have a handle from an RX-7 laying around the house, and was going to fab up a floor plate and figure out how to run the brake cable to it.

If any of you go thru with it, do a write up. My cable froze up and if I ever do fix it, Id like 2 put it somewhere I would use it.

btw, look at 3ed/4th gen camaro center colsoles. dime a dozen and easy to find

Also, does any W sway bar fit in the back, and how does it mount? How do I know if I have the mounts for them, I remember reading that one member here I think TurboSedan mentioned a while ago, that there is nowhere to mount it on his car, so he has to figure something out.
Any 1st Gen bar will fit. The holes are pre-drilled in the framerails, but you'll need to get some "Nutserts" to stick in there so you can bolt up the hangers. You can pick up the nutserts at the GM dealer. Do a Search of the forum here for "nutserts" and you should be able to find the part #...