• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WildGS

• slick

• gp90se

• Brian P

Top Posters In This Topic

well considering my local shop made me a 2.5" mandrel bent one for $40, I can't see it being much higher than that.

Finding a "local shop" to make a custom downpipe is gonna be far and few in between especially at that price which BTW is DIRT CHEAP. I have seen these being made and can assure you its worth more than 40 dollars of yours or anyones time.

I am in no way saying noone out there would do one but I live in SE MI and its hard enough to find places that will do something as simple as get rid of a U-bend. :lol:

Not knocking ya man I will let the pictures speak for themselves....

One more question, have you had any problems with it? Pics?

I guess the guy just likes me :lol: Always good to be a repeat customer. I went to a '97+ W-body 3x00 rear manifold and used the stock downpipe flange with the flex joint. This is the 2nd one I've had made for $40 (not stainless pipes, they use aluminized steel) First one was made for '94-96 3100 w-cars. I shoulda snapped pics when I had her in the air today, but before I read this post :lol: let me see what I can do.

Hey Dave, thanks again for the short notice on me coming up for you to start getting some idea's and measurements.

To all else, looks like it will definately be possible, but it will be a little while before it will finally be made. Gotta track down a few parts, and make it up there for the test fitting and fabrication. Looks like Dave will have a little bit of a challenge for him on this one.... :wink:

BTW, does anyone know if the 3100/3.4/2.8/3.1's use the same style of downpipe? If so.... maybe just one car may do for the design.

No prob Chris, thanks for coming up and letting me nose around your car. I can do them I just need to come up with some ideas. May take me a few weeks to find what I need. will update after I do some more research :wink:

• 3 weeks later...

Well got a hold of the rear 3.1 manifold, the thing is only a 2" outlet for the DP, you guys really gain that much by increasing to a 2.5"?

Just curious cause you are still squeazing everything through a 2" hole?

sorry I haven't made much progress on this as been busy at the real job this week :wink: . But I am still trying to figure something out.

• 2 weeks later...

What me and Dave noticed on the stock downpipe was that the top curve by the flange was actually smaller than the rest of the downpipe, as being, the stock 3.4 downpipe is 2.5" from the factory. But, the top bend, was closer to 2.25".

are ya gunna mass sell them with the flange, if so, $$$ shipped????

I need a few more weeks to get a fixture made up so I can weld them up without having a car to fit them too. But I can probably handle building a few of them for those that are interested. I'll work out a price too.