QUICK!! Should I buy this one??? EDIT: bought it :)

THe_DeTAiL3R

Looks good enough....keep in mind my buddy had a Pioneer in his old Cavy and it started scratching his cds and not ejecting properly after 4 months of getting it....actually his was more expensive in that one as well.

Who knows, Pioneer has probably fixed that problem by now. I'd pick it up. Decent enough price.

pioneer has always been one of my favorites for car stereos. I say go for it if you don't think you are ever going to want to add amplifiers or subwoofers. But if you are planning on adding that stuff, the 2700 only has 1 set of RCA preouts and you would want one that has 3 sets.

Other than that, it has a nice clean display and they are very easy to operate. I like that one because it has the CD slot right on the front so you don't have to flip down the stupid face to put a cd in like most.

The other stereo I would suggest is the pioneer DEH-P47DH or DEH-P77DH because they are 1.5DIN and fit the GM opening really well.

I've heard lots of GOOD about Pioneer, I just don't know anything about his model in particular :shrug:

The DEH1600 and 1700 I've read good stuff about on the forum, this model is higher up but is there anything wrong with them?

I'm not looking for features, just a good reliable unit for my fiance so she can listen to CDs in her Sunfire.

i dont think its that good of a deal (even in canada land)

Damnit, Americans always say that about stuff here! Yes, our dollar is worth less, but even when converted your stuff is usually cheaper anyways...