New Design Lower Intake Manifold Gaskets!!

GPRACER

hey why you hating on APC?!

If you must know i have some FINE backup lights from them and now i can run the 1/4 in 10 sec. flats.....well, not really, but i can backup wit brighter lights though

i heard one about WEAPON R: FINE MAKERS OF STICKERS AND LICENSE PLATE FRAMES

There are metal studs embedded in the gasket to prevent collapse/over torquing. The rubber insert is a little different where it contacts the block, a little different shape. The procedure for torquing is changed and now must be done in 2 stages, 1st torque to 65 inch pounds second stage 115 inch pounds. The gaskets are now available at the dealer part # is 89017279. New lower manifold bolts are also in the works, but not yet available. For no the GM procedure is to clean the old bolts and use medium strength loctite on them.

All I need are heads and a 3400 (or 3100 equivalent) upper manifold, oh and pistons, and I have a complete engine...will be a Gen 2 block with gen 1 pistons, Gen 3 everything else... I'm crossing my fingers in hope that I can have the engine in by the meet in May. Oh and get this- my job gave me problems, even though I requested memorial day weekend off back in like November, they told me that they can't give me all 4 days. So...being that I would actually like to do something on occasion (yeah right, school-work-school-work-fix car-work-school) I told them if they don't give me off, then I'll quit, so either way I won't be there memorial day weekend. Then I one-upped them and told them I probably won't be working there anyway, cause I get my degree in early May and can get a real job :lol:

yes and no, I'm using the crane H-272 cam which brought Lorenzo's compression down to 190 I believe with his old setup, so if I don't go any higher (it'll basically be the same pistons he had also) then I should be safe.

How did you come across this info?

So brian, what do you have planned?

I'm a technician at a dealership. Have already installed a few sets of the new design gaskets.

I think I have a set of the newer style pistons lying around somewhere. Brand new, they were sent out to a machine shop to have the rods pressed on and the ring gaps were slightly distorted, Pretty sure that they could be cleaned up and used though. They were never in an engine.