Speed Sensor

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

What is affected if a speed sensor is unhooked? I changed my oil today and pulled the front tires off to check the suspension and steering components while I had the front end up. I pulled the drivers side wheel off and the wires for the speed sensor were ripped apart.

Also I've got a really bad clunking in the front end on both sides. What could be causing this. I checked outer tie rods, ball joints and rack for looseness and everything seemed ok. It has gooten a little worse since I got my tires on and I've also noticed that the wheels point different directions. It may have been like that before but the tires were so bad I may not have noticed. What would cause this? I was thinking maybe some idiot put a new tie rod end on and didn't do it right. But I got all new struts on about 6 months ago and got a 4 wheel alignment. Everything checked out ok.

Any ideas?

For the sensor it's probably the ABS system.

As for the clunking.. It could be about a million things so you will have to start to narrow it down. Where exactly is the sound coming from? Does it happen only over rough surfaces or is it more random? etc..etc..

Guest Anonymous

The CV boots look brand new except for the dirt on them. The noise is constant over sharp bumps. (if you know what I mean) Over bumps such as speed bumps (dull bumps) It is not as bad if it does it at all. It also depends how hard you hit them. As for the sharp bumps it does it as slow as 10-15 m.p.h. Any ideas?