Mustang wheels?

Miko K

I tried the search, but it seems there is no threads about it. Most (if not all) of the W-body cars have the 5-115mm bolt pattern. Mustangs have the 5-114mm bolt pattern, which is 1mm smaler in diameter and 0.5mm in radius. That's twice the human hair thickness. So I assume we can use their 9"or 10" wheels for slicks. The thing I don't know is their centerbore and offset. Anyone with info?

They will fit, the only difference would probably be the offset, or the width. So they would probably end up sticking out past the fenders. But after doing a little search, it just depends on what style mustang rim you would like to go with, Because our cars have a 42mm offset, and some of the mustang ones Ive found have been 22mm, 30mm. and Im sure theres more, but like I said, it just depends on what rim.

if you weren't worried about the wheels sticking out it seems as though you could buy any aftermarket wheel with the 5X4.5" bolt circle for slicks.

I have seen several Grand Prix GTP's and Regal GS' at the strip wearing Weld Draglites

I just found the offset. Mustangs usually are around +20-22mm and W-body's are +35-42mm. Which means with the 9" or 10" width of the mustang wheel it will be imposible without spacers at least 1" or 2", but it will be perfect for slicks :wink:

Once you start using spacers that big, youll have to get some longer studs.

I am going to use the ones that have their own studs. Another thing- I have these huge 10-27-15 slicks mounted on 10"x15" wheels with 3" backspacing, so when I mount them on the front of my Olds, they stick out good 7" out of the fender. Do you guys think they'd let me race with them at the race track?

440264_232_full.jpg

Sticking out about 7" is ALOT! I duno about that one. I dont think you need anything 15" wide for a slick. My dad only used a 10.5" wide slick when he raced. But that was RWD. I would think a 10" slick would serve good purpose.

both my polished 5-spokes and my crosslaces are 25mm offset. it's stamped on each wheel for god's sake. gen 2 gp's have 38mm offsets. yes, 5x114.3 will work, but its best to have adapter rings.

this would go in the wheels forum also, btw. :wink:

doubt they'd let ya race. Try to get somthing like new rims (chrome of course) and mount the slicks on those. That would be what I'd do.

PS: what times are ya running in the 1/4? :D

Thats pretty quick :shock:

haha just dont get better than 11.5 or youll have to put a roll cage in there. Compliments of NHRA. :lol:

At least they updated from the old 11.99 and quicker rule.....