Opinions on this tire?

19Cutlass94

Dont they have a treadwear rating # on the sidewall?

Tires need to have a load and speed rating... treadwear is usually on the sticker.

For winter, get a cheap generic snow tire, unless you live in extreme conditions. Adjusting your driving style to the conditions will do more for you than spending $100 extra on a set of tires. You can have the most accurate gun in the world, but if you don't know how to aim it, you're not a sniper. Having something slightly above average, and knowledge on how to use what you have is going to suit you better than throwing good money after bad at equipment.

As for dry handling, I use 185's and 205's on my neon... might not sound like much, but for street driving, I can corner well more than adequite. 3pt1lumina can attest to that. (and he's only ridden in the car on the 185's)

They have a load rating and a speed rating and a max PSI. It does not have a treadwear. Treadwear is normally on the side wall, but Im guessing since this is a studless snow tire, it doesnt :shrug:

3pt1lumina, how long has your friend had those on his car, like miles? and Im guess he drives it with those tires on when its warm out too? Because I got those tires today, and they seem ratehr soft rubber. This one guy I was gonna buy them from was like dont drive them when its warm out, the tread will just disappear, it wears that fast........

sorry it took me long to get back.. he runs them from November til April doing about 7500k per season on them. I believe his have ~30k on them and they're still in relatively decent shape. Maybe 9/32 left.

they should have a treadwear rating near the DOT code i believe... did you check both sides of the tires?... my bet is if not, then it's on the inside where you can't see it.

The last set of Dunlop's that I bought were excellent in any conditions. But I have always had luck with all of the tires that I bought (went through many sets delivering pizza) I personally thought that the Dunlop's wore the best.

ToroToro, I gotta go put my car in the garage 8) so Ill look at the tires to see. If not Ill check the website, so Ill be back in a bit with that info, if I can find it.

This is the only specs I found on the tire

215/60 QR16

95Q SL

1521 lbs. - max load

44 psi - max psi

13/32" - tread depth

25 lbs. - tire weight

6-7.5" - rim width range

6.5" - meas. rim width

8.7" - sect. width

NA - tread width

25.5" - overall diam.