Good cheap amplifier?

Justin

After all my stereo equipment was stolen out of my Jeep I'm looking for something to replace it with. Any brands of cheap amps that are better than the others? I had a Pyramid amp in there that worked just fine for me, and I can buy an identical replacement but the connectors were a bitch to get to, just small slip fit connections. That was my only gripe about that amp, it functioned great for my needs. Just wondering if anyone else has had any luck with any other bargain brands. I'm looking to spend around $100-125.

Here is the amp I had previously.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PYRAMID-PB1860-1800-Watt-4-Ch-CAR-AMPLIFIER-AMPS-STEREO_W0QQitemZ5777994064QQcategoryZ4950QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I wouldnt go with another pyramid. You dont know how much power your pushing (RMS) and there just are not that good. I have one for my interior speakers, really not that happy with it. But they are cheap, that one was like 50 bucks shipped to my door. Just get a good quailty one, might set you back a little more, but will be worth it.

What are you planning on doing with it? Subs? What about the RMS wattage of the speakers? Ohms? DVC?

Probably 2 12" subs, more than likely DVC, but I don't have the subs yet. The speakers that were liberated from me were some JBL 12" GTO series speakers, I really liked them but can't find them anywhere anymore.

JBL, Memphis and MTX make good bang for the buck amps. Look around on sounddomain.com, ikesound.com and onlinecarstereo.com. They often times have amps on clearence or they have some factory refurbished ones. Any amp that advertises 1000W or power for $100-150 is complete crap.

JBL, Memphis and MTX make good bang for the buck amps. Look around on sounddomain.com, ikesound.com and onlinecarstereo.com. They often times have amps on clearence or they have some factory refurbished ones. Any amp that advertises 1000W or power for $100-150 is complete crap.

I'm not saying it was anywhere close to 1800W, but I am saying that I was totally happy with it, aside from the junk connections for power and speakers. It worked great, and I'll probably buy one again unless I can find something I like better. I'll have to check some of those sites though, I've been mostly looking at ebay so far.