FE1 WIth a swaybar?

badassoldspower

I was checking my spec sheet on my spare tire cover and i found that i have the suspension code FE1 and I found that really odd because my car has a factory rear swaybar. Correct me if im wrong but FE1 cars did not come with rear swaybars.

Some FE1's had it some didn't. It doesn't correspond to a make. My 2.5 Lumina had one, and my 3.1 Lumina didn't. It's the other way around now, heh. But regardless the FE1 rear bar is smaller than the FE3 bar, and smaller still than the 3.4 equipped rear bar.

i pulled my own at the junkyard...they charged me $10...I suggest getting one out of a DOHC car though as it is supposedly larger (mine is from a '92 Z34)

You will have to take the passenger side strut out of the car to get it in, just so you know.

How much of a difference did it make? I have a rear STB, and that alone made such a huge difference

But what cars can I pull the rear sway bar out of? (ones with a DOHC as it is bigger and would probably help my handling better)

I don't have a rear STB...but it corners very flat in the back now, and as a result makes the front corner flatter...it also "pushes" less.

Well the rear bar will work as long as its out of a 1st gen W-body...You will either have to buy inserts for your frame ($25) or pull them out of the junker. I would get one from a DOHC car but that maybe just me.

My tires suck and i still beat people at autocross (FE1 Steering Rack=shit for sloloms)...only other mod is a front STB from a 'vert. Plus this car is pretty slow...so that can't help

My 93 GP was originally FE1 and had a rear 10mm(?) sway bar on it. Every other FE1 equipped GP I've seen the undercarriage on has had a rear sway bar as well. I haven't really looked under many cutties, but I have seen at least one FE1 cutlass with a rear sway bar(changed out a starter on it at the shop earlier this year).