Wierd Issue

cryptnix

I dunno if its an issue but I'm sure the 1k idle is fine or at least 1200 rpm is fine but ... sometimes she creaps allllll the way up to 3 rpm and sometimes will rev and hit the rev limiter on her own ...

I've changed the TPS, and MAP sensor (figuring that might be the issue) but ... I bet most of you are going to lean towards a vacuum leak aren't you?

:-\

Other than that ... help.

Also, I just had a issue with #1 injector going out ... so should I just run some injector cleaner and some higher octane or what should I do?

bah if it is ... ima be pissed but then again she's getting parked this winter and i got some new heads to throw on it anyway ... just need the bigger TB and larger upper intake mani ...

and the performance isn't very selective either ... but then again Zoomer's motor put down 550 whp with a blown head gasket lmao

If doin the heads, you'll have to do those particular gaskets anyway. You dont have much longer till winter, I wouldn't worry too much about it for now, just dont shift into any gear while it is up around 3k.

Cant he just use carb cleaner and spray the different areas to find out where the intake leak is. This should tell you if its the EGR or upper intake gasket.

Could be IAC too. I would work from outside in until the problem goes away replaceing gaskets along the way.