i wasn't going to tell anyone but i got too damn excited!!

92 GP

Looks like a GP F1 hood :shock:

Where yah get it? :D

I got the scoops from Ebay. I actually got a pretty good deal on them. Only thing is their somewhat thin, it's only a few layers of glass, but they were completely intact when they got here. I just finished putting a couple more layers on the inside to strengthen it up a bit some.

And if it looks out of place on a GP, then let it be. However, i've yet to see ANY other custom hoods on a first gen. Corey and Brian are the only ones i've ever seen, ever, that have custom hoods for first gen's, other than some wacky paint.

I may be making another style hood, don't know yet. There are a few other style's i've got in mind, and i'm getting good with fiberglassing, so i can do it fairly quick but still be nice and clean.

Thanks for the credit on making it though. I'm wanting to get it done quick, but i want to also take my time somewhat so it comes out nicely :)

I think some of you might like it once it's all together and painted. We'll see what happens huh?

If everything goes as good as it's going..which, it probably won't, but, if it does, then the hood should be on the car and painted for this weekend's Red Ribbon Parade (the Boss wants me to drive the car to support O'Reilly LOL)

Rice? How the fuck is that rice????

it looks like the factory pontiac ram air hoods!!

I think it looks cool as shit! Will be even better if you open a vent in the hood to draw fresh air into your intake!!

A similar hood was "factory" on a first gen GP.

mule.jpg

I have tried to get people to fab it for me, but no joy. :(

yea i remember the hype about someone making custom hoods, and someone wanted the mule, some wanted ram air, some wanted a big cowl, and everyone bitched about every design that came out, which is why i'm just going to make my own custom piece :D

That looks too big and too tall to me, gonna look ugly. What is that, like 3" tall?

I saw a last-gen T-bird yesterday that had a big ol' thing like that on the hood. Made the hood look really tall and made it look really front-heavy. Threw off the whole balance of the car's looks. It was damn ugly fo sho!

That looks too big and too tall to me, gonna look ugly. What is that, like 3" tall?

I saw a last-gen T-bird yesterday that had a big ol' thing like that on the hood. Made the hood look really tall and made it look really front-heavy. Threw off the whole balance of the car's looks. It was damn ugly fo sho!

Not even, it's like barely even 2"

well, it's comin along pretty damn smooth! I've laid several layers of glass, now i need to pick up some more as well as bondo.

I'm going out of town for the week, but i'll be finishing it this weekend (in absolutely NO rush to finish this, want it to be clean)

Hmm, maybe you just have to see it in person. I'm like 1/2 way done with it. Pretty much all the glass is laid, just need to finish up a little bit and smooth it, then sand/bondo/sand/paint/sand/paint/clear. That's pretty much the easy part though.

A few guys from the local scene have came over (i say a few, more like 20 or so) and they all said they think it'd look great. No one even acted skeptical about it. I guess seeing the work being done, you can appreciate it more in person maybe?

Oh well, it's geting there :D