i wasn't going to tell anyone but i got too damn excited!!

92 GP

Damnit!

oh well, i'm fuckin essited!

28711252077.jpg

28711253389.jpg

I used what i had left of a tiny can of paint to try to just get it lookin somewhat like it should be ON the car, but it ran out :lol: :D

I'm excited! wOOOOOooot

Pure sex. Except for the fact it was taken from a camera phone :lol:

i think once it's finished it'll look badass.

It's nice, because the grilles are rectangular shaped, not too rounded except on the edges, so they match the headlights very well.

It just sits on there all funny right now. Give me a week :D

Just please...whatever you do, even if you have to get out some body putty...make it look like it belongs on there. I personally can't stand those stick on ones when you can tell they were just thrown on there.

But overall, it might not look too bad....

Hah, yea i don't give a shit if i get flamed.

And about "making it look like it belongs there"

Well, i said i wasn't going to say much, but i'm going to say the rest.

I'm making my own HOOD. Not sticking on fake-ass scoops. I'm...MAKING my own FUNCTIONAL ram-air hood :D

And new wheels will come with time, and money. Lotsa money

I don't care for the warbird(or whatever you call them) mold-in scoops for these cars......Also, I wouldn't bother with trying to make a "ram air" setup, just relocate the battery and fabricate a fenderwell intake.

I agree. It doesn't match the lines of the B4U in any way, shape, or form.. but hey.. if you like it that's all that matters. Don't even bother with trying "ram air". Do like Matt says and make a custom FWI intake.

the thing with a FWI is the roads here flood like nothing. I've always bragged about my intake being high, because soooo many cars flood out. It wasn't anything new for water to be up to my bumper last year on some of the roads i went to...and now the car is lower. I know it's not like the car will flood out with the intake being aimed down, but the intake gets wet, then the engine air starved, just a buncha shit.

The main thing about the ram air is it has always been something i've loved. My very first fav car years ago before i knew jack shit about cars was the T/A. Just seeing that commercial with it there, solid black, massive scoops, and roaring, i fell in love with pontiac...even though i couldn't spell it yet :lol:

So it's living part of my childhood dream :twisted: :P :mrgreen:

i can see it now, a 3.1 MPFI RAM AIR eddition!! i cant tell howit will look, but i dunno..

LOL....if you only knew...give me a couple months :twisted:

I know, since I've seen your other post. :wink: I would still do a fenderwell intake setup and make the intake in two pieces. Have a short section going from the throttle body to a few inches shy of the fender, then connect the second piece up there and have it protrude into the fender. Make it where you could easily swap the cone filter onto the shorter section that's inside the engine bay if you know it's going to be raining bad/flooding there.

That is hideous... total rice factor. Your car is BEAUTIFUL... I can't believe you're doing that to it. But... to teach his own a guess. I'm sorry to see what that thing is going to look like.

Rice? How the fuck is that rice????

it looks like the factory pontiac ram air hoods!!

I think it looks cool as shit! Will be even better if you open a vent in the hood to draw fresh air into your intake!!

Rice? How the fuck is that rice????

it looks like the factory pontiac ram air hoods!!

I think it looks cool as shit! Will be even better if you open a vent in the hood to draw fresh air into your intake!!

Thanks for the compliments!

And i still don't think some of you are grasping what it's going to be. Not rice, it's for cooling/cooler intake air.

I'm making my own HOOD. Not sticking on fake-ass scoops. I'm...MAKING my own FUNCTIONAL ram-air hood

Maybe ya'll haven't caught the hint on that part. I'm MAKING, by hand, a complete hood. It's going to be functinoal, completely in every possible way.

The right scoop is going to be made so that the air will dump onto the intake. The left one is going to blow into the engine bay, and there will be a slit in the rear of the hood that goes across that's like 1/2" or so to let the hot air out. It's a two function hood for cooling. I may even make it to where it'll pour air into the radiator.

We'll all see how it looks when it's done i suppose.

Thanks for the compliments on how the GP looks as is. I'm getting another GP soon for sure though., and i'll still have my factory hood for this one.

Lets see what happens next week :D

If I had a GP I'm not sure if I'd put it on, however I did see a white GP in the city with a hood like that, and it defenitly looks more agressive and mean when you look into its "eyes". Good luck, and keep us up to date.

I mean its your car, you gotta make it how you want it. There will always be people who will like it and who wont.

Good luck with that. Cant wait to see the finished thing!

I hope you finish it like you want it so its functional. If it's not going to be then it would be stupid. I also have a great appreciation for the T/A and I'm definately seeing how that could look cool. Good luck.

See, I also have an incredible appreciation of Trans Ams and that's why I think you making a hood with those scoops is just a bastardization of the style. I've seen hoods that style on many riced out cars and it just looks so lame.

I didn't see at first that you have plans to make a custom, functional hood. However, functional or not, I still think it looks out of place on a Grand Prix.

I have too much love for the Trans Am to ever think that style hood on another car will look good.

It's your thing though, man. I give you a lot of credit for even attempting your own functional hood. That's more than I've done.