Starting tomorrow

19Cutlass94

Im going to go out and buy everything (atleast I hope everything) I need to make some clear corners for my cutlass. I dont think it should take very long, since I know what I have to do, but since I have to work this weekend, that will slow it down a little bit. Ill be sure to post some pictures along the way.

If nobody has found a write up to this yet, (even though I know of at the least 1 Cutlass owner to made clear corners) Ill try to get one going the best I can.

how are you planning to do it?

My brother tried it, and broke his, and when i did mine i didnt break it at all.

I took a hack saw and started sawing at the seam where the grey meets the clear, then once i was down an inch or so, i took a razor knife, and carefully sut the seap...it popped rightopen if you go slow, and evenly down both sides. If theres a lot of resistance, saw more. Then i removed the orange, sanded down the backing smooth to get rid of the tabs, and put some white refective tape on it. put an X cut where the light socket ism and pushed the tape down into the socket. Then i wet sanded the inside of the clear lense really lightly to make it not see through. Then when i put it all back together, i used superglue, and caefully siliconed the seams so water wouldt get into it. All i had to buy was a 3 dollar roll of reflective tape, and it actually looks pretty good! Oh and no orange bulbs.....defeats teh purpose, right? THe blinkers on the front of the car!

Im currios to know how your going to do it!

why would you use a hacksaw?? Theres much easier ways to do the same thing. Like a heat gun and a razor to break the beads. And as far as the orange shit on it. The plastic is dyed orange so I duno how it coulda been sanded down?

what? The orange lense inside pops right out!

the outter lense is clear, but i skuffed up the inside to match the rest of the headlight assembly better.

how are you going to do it?

There are differences bewtween coupe and sedan corners starting in 92.. You probably have a set where the orange comes right out.. On coupes, the whole lens is orange, and when you take them off, they're a whole assembly..