Alignment off?

Kalgorn

I was looking at my front driver's tire last night and noticed the outside of the tread was worn down and practically bald but the inside was fine. When I checked my passenger tire, it's completely fine.

Would a bad alignment cause just one tire to have a problem? Or is this even a bad alignment? I remember my Cavalier had a bad alignment but the inside of the tread was worn on both tires.

What do you guys think? The driver's tire isn't much older than the passenger... only a few months.

Camber is off on the driver side. Making all the weight sit on the outside of the tire and not the inside.

Did you have the strut changed? Accident/hit hard on wheel? Just get the camber set and you'll all good!

Never changed the strut. I was trying to think if I hit anything or not but I can't think of any time that I did. I'm guessing I just go to a shop and have them set the camber, correct?

They'll just charge you for a whole alignment - but I think in your case you are gonna have to drill the 2 knuckle bolt holes on the strut IF they are not already pre-drilled.

If they have to drill it look to spend 100 (Atleast that's what the shops around here charge...)

But make SURE to ask for before and after specs - i know some shops will NOT touch the camber...

Good luck! :?

It's the fronts, they don't have adjustable camber. Belle Tire charged me 30 bucks to elongate the holes where the strut goes through up top. I probably would have rather done it myself but I wasn't thinking.