sent the regal in for new paint tonight

frusciante fan

getting it done at Chippewa Valley Technical College by a couple guys. they're starting tomorrow but it's gonna be a while. i'm having them replace the silver crap with black so it should go from this:

87zv.jpg

to this:

ed1bw.jpg

in other news i got the new Avenged Sevenfold album. and an update and pics in 1-6 weeks.

the silver was actually added by some polach so it's non-factory paint. you can tell because they did a shit job on the door jams. my parents both have silverish vehicles and it looks nothing like theirs. so i'm guessing it's just "plate." but it looks like shit so i'm glad to get it off. silver never looks good imo unless it's a top notch job.

You're just getting the bottem painted?

If you were doing the whole car I'd say do the whole thing black 8)

no the whole car is being repainted with the exlusion of under the hood/trunk lid and the door jams. white everywhere except the bumpers and the bottom on the car. that'll be black. originally i was going to have it all redone black but i think it'd take them a lot longer or something. i like white anyway.

no gs grille, i just used that car as an example for the paint.

the silver was actually added by some polach so it's non-factory paint. you can tell because they did a shit job on the door jams. my parents both have silverish vehicles and it looks nothing like theirs. so i'm guessing it's just "plate." but it looks like shit so i'm glad to get it off. silver never looks good imo unless it's a top notch job.

hey buddy watch it! J/k How long did they say it was gonna take

this summer they told me 3-6 weeks. but since there's 2 people working on it, i'm hoping less than a month. i'm going on vacation for a week so i really don't need a car soon anyway. and the job of stripping the paint was already started by some middle school kids who can't keep their fucking hands off other peoples car. i come out after school one day to find a two inch bald spot turned into a 2.5 foot patch of missing paint. funny thing is these kids were being "supervised" by two adults while they did this.

i've had my car there for two weeks as of yesterday and he said that they are ready to put primer on. he also said they fixed all the dents. the front left and rear right chrome pieces on the bumper, and i think there was one small dent on the drivers door. he said the car is "doing good" so i guess that's ok.

i figure two weeks for removing paint, removing dents, taking shit apart and maybe they can have the primer and paint laid in 2 weeks? one thing is for sure though. i do miss the old girl.

The bodyshop at the dealership is fucking slow... well with their projects anyways. They've been hacking away at a base model Sunfire coupe for the last 6 mths. The bodykit is almost on, but they still gotta do this and that before putting paint.. lol

Hope I see it on the street so I can smoke it... but I guess it's the dealership's or something? :think: not really sure on that.