MOOG assembly

streetdreams

one of my friends told me that MOOG now sells a complete kit for the front macpherson struts for our cars. they include everything preassembled I believe. he said theyre about $250 CAD per side. I thought that was a bit much but I dont know alot about struts and shit. do you think its possible to part togethor a complete set for cheaper or do you have any info on the MOOG units or advice?

Thanx man

Its very easy and cheap to replace just the cartridges. All you need is one special tool to remove the threaded retaining ring that holds the cartridge in.

• 5 weeks later...
Its very easy and cheap to replace just the cartridges. All you need is one special tool to remove the threaded retaining ring that holds the cartridge in.
Its very easy and cheap to replace just the cartridges. All you need is one special tool to remove the threaded retaining ring that holds the cartridge in

If the cartridges havent been change in a long time, say 50,000 miles. i would consider replacing the whole spring assembly. i heard a slight knock coming from my passenger side strut cartridge, which i figuerd but have been a slight bottoming . No surprize considering they were shot and bouncing on the springs. Turns out the knocking was the cartride its self ( which can get pretty heavey filled with oil) banging against the cap . the fine threads in the cap got beaten in to mush non exsistant, im not talking about a mis thread the fist 8 threads or so were like mash potatos, . Now it hammers against the mount/ plate and is unpredictable and wont keep the wheel on the road at all . Im screwd till i replace the who spring assembly Which arnt easy to find and are discontinued at the dealer

Replace the rubber mounts when you replace the cartridges and you should be fine. I mean, you have to remove them to change the carts anyway, so you might as well throw in a new set while they're out...

Everyone here always recommends Moog suspension parts? :shrug:

I've never had an issue with Moog parts and have put moog parts on quite a few cars that sometimes see 30,000 miles a year(couple of my friends commute to college and really rack up some miles).