Check this out!!

Cutlass87

I was bored and i decided to look on the internet for cutlass parts and i came across this 3" cowl induction hood. idk if someone has already seen this before, but its bada$$! What do yall think of this hood?

i have seen that before but didnt know they made one for the cutlass. only saw the monte one before. i dont think its that bad to make you puke. i kinda like it. much better than cutting a hole in your hood. let me say that my friend is prob going to get one for his turbo monte so it would be good on that because it has power to back it up.

i still dont see how that fits to ANY logic, just cause its FWD, what the fuck does a hood have to do with what wheels are driving the car, im sure theres a ton of FWD cars that would kick the shit out of RWD cars :roll:

I'm just used to seeing RWD cars with cowl hoods, because you know that is how they got started. :wink:

And what the fuck is the logic of a cowl hood on a car that it would serve little to no function for anyway?

I was going to use it for a cold air intake, therefore it would have a purpose on there.

I still dont see where it matters what kind of hood you have on what car. whether its FWD or RWD. Is it because it looks lame or something? Because if thats the case thats a pretty weak excuse. If something serves a purpose on a car, then its useful, and people will use it. If it doesnt, like the ricer wings, then thats just a waste of money.

NOTE: Im not trying to be an asshole or whatever you wanna say.

I'm just used to seeing RWD cars with cowl hoods, because you know that is how they got started. :wink:

And what the fuck is the logic of a cowl hood on a car that it would serve little to no function for anyway?

Back then all there was were RWD cars, jr.

And the logic is

1) Get a custom intake

2)use it for a heat extractor

3) Looks. Why is there a spoiler on a lumi Z34? Looks. It only starts helping downforce at 100+ MPH, even then the running effect is questionable. Why put rims on a car? Looks. All good performance tires will come in 14/15in too. Why put a fake dual exhaust on your car? Looks. It dosent realy help all that much, if at all unless you're running split mannifolds, or headers. Do you get my point? :wink:

I dont mind that, the cutty will need a spoiler or somthing for the rear to match the front..... :D

K jr. :roll:

I'm so sorry to enrage everyone here with a simple, and even polite OPINION that I think cowl hoods look dumb and out of place on a 160HP FWD car. There really wasn't a goddamn reason to start an argument over it.

Now if the opinion police could go jump on someone elses shit please...

That hood on our cars is basically just for looks, although could be used, functionally, but most part looks. Lambo doors on cars do not serve a purpose, just looks. And I could go on about all the shit ricers put on there cars, that are mainly just for looks again. Basically Im saying most (ok well alot of it) just serves as looks and has no real absolute function. Now before anyone goes off and says Jay or full of shit what about this or what about, Im not talking about mechanical parts, since this hood is a body part, Im mainly talking about that. Yes bigger rims do help the handling, so yes it has a function, and sometimes, improves looks. (depending on how your taste in rims are) So yes there is some that serve both function and looks, but most are in the looks department.