cracks in clearcoat

birdman

on my trunk lid and roof i have little spider web type sratches/cracks and my dad thinks there cracks in the clear coat and i am wondering how to get them out? ive alawys used new finish to wax my car and it has never done anything to them but it shines up nice. any ideas?? Thanks.

You mean this?

lumina2%20004.jpg

Yeah, that's my entire roof and it's starting to creep onto my decklid. :cry:

It's whatever primer GM used. The primer cracked and cracked the paint under the clear. Only fix is to sand down to metal and reprime/repaint.

my car also has the cracked paint on the hood and roof... if you are like me and can afford paint ... turtle wax makes tinted wax that hides the cracks really well... you can get it in black red or green... then your cracks are filled with wax that isnt white and you can barely see them from 5 feet away...

it looks somthing like that excpt my car is white and ive noticed that it looks worse when its dirty because dirt seems to get in the cracks and makes it look nasty, you think its the same thing??

Well you have a slightly different case than I do then. My clearcoat is smooth, no cracks at all. It's the primer/paint underneath. If you can run your hands over it and feel cracks, that's a different problem. Or it could be the same problem but your clear is practically gone and that's why you can feel them.