Liquid Glass stuff????

1990lumina

After seeing pictures of LukeZ34s TGP I'm interested to find out mroe about this Liquid Glass stuff...

First, it is a wax right?? What type of finish does it have...I mean is this stuff almost like another clear coat? Their website says "will form hard, non-chipping finish", what does that mean??

I'm partial to more traditional waxes that can be removed easily....however this stuff doesn't seem like it comes off to easily?

However's ever used this stuff could you chime and tell me how it is applied, how hard is it to remove, etc, Thanks!

I'm a Meg's guy, however that could change. I just don't want something that is like another thick surface on top of the paint....is it like a traditional wax in terms of what the surface is after application??

Thanks!

From what I understand it's pretty much a glossy liquid laminate. So make sure your car is cleaner than you've ever had it before, or else whatever is left on the paint won't be coming off for another year or so.

Think of it as Liquid Band-Aid for your paint.

its in like a tin bottle like how wax came back in the old days, with a pic of a modified late 60's/early 70s corvette on the front..

its expensive as hell..like $22+ a can...thats exactly why i dont buy it

So you pretty much prep the shit outta the paint, and it is a sealer type thing that lasts a long time???

Right. Its like an acrylic coating on the car. But you can buff the shit out of it. The more you buff, the deeper the shine. It takes a LOT of prep time, but the end result is very worth it.

And unlike many others, set time is important...as the can says...first time you put it on, let is set overnight before removing it.

Works great on good paint...however if your paint is only fair or cracking, it will fill the cracks and turn white...fine if you have a white car, but otherwise not so good. My father swears by it, I prefer a nice wax.

• 1 month later...

I've heard good things about it but not really into all the prep work that you have to do. I've gone with Zymol and it's easy on, easy off. Lasts a long time and gives a nice, deep shine. That's the only thing that I'll use. As a bit of a curious note, if you go to the Zymol website they've got stuff that costs over $1000. Not sure what that would be like but damn I wish I had the money to find out. LOL :shock:

Well I'll update this thread next year...I won't be able to try it out because it is too cold outsaide, and I'm to bust to do all the prep work, so like I say, next year when I do try it, I'll let eveyone know :D