wheel bearings

92chevyeuro

the fronts book out at 1.6 hrs the rears at 1.4 hrs....

click for full size....

th_92luminahubassembly.jpg

save the image as it will probably be deleted from my photobucket account in the future....

BTW it isnt hard, but rust may have froze it into the knuckle so ya might want to use a hammer/slide hammer to remove...

Good luck and hope this helps...

Regards, James

J-Body, and N-Body cars are very different from the W-Body cars - the J & N Body cars have the hold down bolts on the front of the bearing, where as the W-Body cars have to be accessed from behind - so 25 minutes on a J-Body is about average for having no pneumatic tools available.

That picture is of a J, or N body car (maybe more I can't remember which ones all had that setup)

--Dave.

Werd I watched my buddy's dad do the wheel bearing on his Cavy...took him 30mins with pnematic tools to do both sides...damn those cars are easy to work on :D

Good Luck with the Lumina :D:D:!!!!

Werd I watched my buddy's dad do the wheel bearing on his Cavy...took him 30mins with pnematic tools to do both sides...damn those cars are easy to work on :D

Good Luck with the Lumina :D:D:!!!!

takes me 10 mins per hub front or back, but i've had 5 w-bodies now and done them all :lol:

Usually after market bearings have lugs that are 1/2 shorter than factory lugs. If you have steel wheels this isnt a problem. With w-body aluminum rims these are a major pain in the ass when putting the lug nuts on.

I suggest picking up longer lugs and swapping them on the bearing before replacing them.