Luggage rack...

ToroToro

Add a trunk rack?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Add a trunk rack?

I bought one for my 94 Cutlass. I'm not sure if going to put it on or not yet, but what the hell, it was cheap. What does everyone think about it? My trunk looks so plain now, and I cant afford all the shit to set me up with the lip....what do ya say?

If were to put it on, I would use double sided tape in case I hate it....I'm just not too sure yet.

BTW, it's a black factory one from a 90s CS coupe, with the CHMSL in it.

I'd leave it off too. I was thinking of taking off the spolier or whatever it is on my Lumina's trunk lid just because I don't like things that aren't "poar of the car's body".

However, I tihnk the Lumina would look like shit in that case. However, I'd hold out for a lip spolier thing

Find me one, and I'll put it on right away. :P

Until then, a 14 dollar luggage rack is worth a shot. Like I said, if I hate it, I can take it off real easy.

Brian, whats the difference between the 88-91, and the 92+ racks? The one I got I pulled off a 92-93 CS coupe. I think it looks pretty slick.

I'd hold out for a spoiler. Lip spoiler or just the usual run-of-the-mill spoiler. I certainly don't have a problem with luggage racks... but I personally wouldn't add it after the fact.

Find me one, and I'll put it on right away. :P

Until then, a 14 dollar luggage rack is worth a shot. Like I said, if I hate it, I can take it off real easy.

Brian, whats the difference between the 88-91, and the 92+ racks? The one I got I pulled off a 92-93 CS coupe. I think it looks pretty slick.

well I don't know if GM even offered a rack for '92+ or if they're all dealer installed aftermarkets, but the one I see on '88-91 looked the same as the one on my '89 Cutlass, that had the center brake light and was shaped/curved to match the lines of the trunk and resembled a spoiler. All the '92+ ones I see have a straight bar going across and no brake light. I'll slam up a pic of the one on my old '89, I thought it looked good enough that I never removed it.

I think it looks much better without it. Mine used to have it, but a garbage truck smashed the trunk so when I had it fixed, I left it off. I prefer the "clean" look though. I definitely have no regrets.

151083_45_full.jpg

Yeah, I really dont know what to think. I pounded all the studs out of the rack...so I'm going to repaint it, and lay it out on there...see what I think.

Brian, my rack looks exactly like yours. The stoplight even says GM GUIDE 88...so the 92+ used the same rack as the 88-91s. And hey, 2 out of the 3 halogen bulbs are working, so thats cool. :)