now i have 2 amps!

rshissler

Well today i had a friend look at my old amp Pyramid Crystal 1000W and he ended up being able to fix it for me so now i have 2 1000W amps witch one should i use for my subs?

Here are the specs for my amps

Nitro 1000W amp

BUILT IN FULL CROSSOVER

VARIABLE LOW PASS FILTER: 30-250Hz

VARIABLE HIGH PASS FILTER 50-1-KHz

VARIABLE BASS BOOST: 0-18dB

VARIABLE GAIN/LEVEL CONTROL

FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20Hz-30KHz

REGULATED MOSFET POWER SUPPLY

MONO BRIDGEABLE & STABLE AT 2-OHMS

SOFT DELAYED REMOTE TURN-ON

HIGH LEVEL & LOW LEVEL INPUTS (SPEAKER/RCA)

45-DEGREE ANGLED SPEAKER & POWER SUPPLY CONNECTORS FOR EASY INSTALLATION

ADJUSTABLE INPUT SENSITIVITY

GOLD PLATED RCA CONNECTORS

GOLD PLATED POWER & SPEAKER TERMINALS

2-8 OHM LOAD CAPACITY

3-WAY PROTECTION WITH LED INDICATOR

DUAL COLOR POWER & PROTECTION LED INDICATORS

RMS POWER (4-OHMS)100-WATTS X 2-CH

RMS POWER (2-OHMS)150-WATTS X 2-CH

RMS POWER (BRIDGED) 300-WATTS

PEAK POWER OUTPUT 1000-WATTS

MIN IMPEDANCE UNBRIDGED 2-OHMS

MIN IMPEDANCE BRIDGED 4-OHMS

THD @ RATED RMS POWER 0.03%

SPEAKER LEVEL INPUTS: YES

BUILT IN CROSSOVER: HP (50Hz-1KHz), LP (30-250Hz)

BASS BOOST 0-18dB

SIGNAL TO NOISE RATIO: 95-dB

FUSE RATING: 30A

DIMENSION: 280MM X 65.5MM X 308MM

Pyramid Crystal 1000w amp

500 Watts x 2 Output

1000 Watts x 1 Bridged Output

Variable Hi/Lo Electronic Crossover Network

Variable Bass Boost (0 - +18dB @ 60Hz)

Variable Input Level (Gain) Control

Remote Turn On/Off

Gold Plated RCA Inputs

High Level Molex Inputs

Power On LED Indicator

LED Protection Indicator

S/N Ratio: > 95dB

THD: < 0.04%

Thermal Protection

Overload Protection

Short Circuit Protection

Anti-Thump Turn-On

Remote Bass Boost

MOSFET Circuitry

2 Ohm Stereo Stable

Dimensions: 10.9" x 2.4" x 11

The subs are Alpine Type-E here are the specs on them

12" 4-ohm subwoofer

Kevlar®-treated pulp woofer cone with Santoprene rubber surround

dual oversized Nomex® spiders

frequency response: 28-1,000 Hz

power range: 50-250 watts RMS

peak power: 750 watts RMS

sensitivity: 89 dB

do you know exactly what power the pyramid is supposed to put out to two channels at 2 ohms? i'm assuming they are svc, so you would be runnning them at 2 ohms and the nitro only puts out 150Wx2 @ 2. i wouldnt run an amp to each since they are totally different brands, let alone not the same model. i would assume that if your friend can fix an amp, he would probably know which one to use

i wouldnt run an amp to each since they are totally different brands, let alone not the same model.

agreed. that would sound really bad. i say try to pawn both of them off on some poor guy on ebay and get 1 decent amp. just my 2 pennies

possably the best thing i've learned in life, buy cheep = buy twice

with a dual head unit cheep subs, and ratty amps, your not going to get good sound at all, in fact your stock equipment probably sounds better. i'm not trying to come down on you, but just steer clear of the cheep junk, you'll thank your self in the end.

um i got the Pyramid for like 5 bucks so it wasn't really anything to lose and i got the nitro because and friend of mine has one and it , imo, works good for 2 12s. And my question was witch one should i use not "How crappy are my amps?" im 17 this is my first real system so give me some slack... And my friend that fixed my amp is goin to tech skool with me for fixing computers and other electronics not audio stuff so he wouldn't know

I'm 17 too, and my stereo is bone stock, and it's going to stay that way until I have enough money to do my system properly. There's no point in throwing trashy components in your car, unless you simply want "boom boom boom". Since I prefer to have accurate and perfect sound reproduction, I'm going to go with well built, well backed, and probably quite expensive components. But it'll all be worth it in the end when I have a system that doesn't sound like a loudspeaker at a carnival.

There's nothing I hate worse than pulling up to some ricer who can shake my entire car with his subs, but has Lighting Audio or Dual components throughout the car bottoming out and getting staticky. It sounds horrible!

Just because something is aftermarket doesn't mean it's better than stock..

ok so Apline, Kicker, and Sony are cheapos? never knew that. Yea i got my dual HU because i liked it, Since when is likeing something a bad thing?? Yea friendly advice, See thats when u say "hey i dont really like those brands but i would use this one if i was you" Not saying " Hey everything you have is a cheap peice of fuckin shit" Im also open for sugguestions on what brand of amp is good.

i guess the pyramid will have similar power to the nitro. running one to each would probably only yield 200Wx1@4ohms. it probably doesnt matter which one you use. i would trust the pyramid a little more than the nitro, but neither is going to push your subs very well, but at least theyre not expensive subs, so if you blow them, maybe you'll buy better amps and subs next time. the subs arent bad, just not good, but the amps arent even sufficient for those subs. sufficient maybe but not at the top of the rms range except 1 amp/1 sub which will sound completely like shit.

ok so Apline, Kicker, and Sony are cheapos? never knew that. Yea i got my dual HU because i liked it, Since when is likeing something a bad thing?? Yea friendly advice, See thats when u say "hey i dont really like those brands but i would use this one if i was you" Not saying " Hey everything you have is a cheap peice of fuckin shit" Im also open for sugguestions on what brand of amp is good.

Who said they were cheapo's? I read back and didn't catch that statement.

You could save a considerable amount of money over some of these other snoblets if you be smart, just like you are doing. Parts Express is where you can order up a pimp-ass system for a couple hundred that would be the same as someone getting a system "put-in" for $8000. They sell Pyramid stuff, and other shit thats way better. wire, dist. blocks, anything really. I have been ordering stuff here since I was your age and now I am 30.http://www.partsexpress.com.

Get your hands on a catalog. you will litterally shit your pants when you see some of the bargains on mobile video shit they have.

I believe what the guys above are trying to say is that neither of those amp are going to be able to power those subs to their potential. Now with that being said. It honestly doesnt realy matter which of those two you chose. I might lean towards the Nitro as it has a slightly lower distortion ratio. But even then your type E's would only see 100rms each.

i got offered 30 bucks for my pyramid amp by a friend so thats gone then after skool some girl gave me 60 bucks for my nitro amp. so now im in the market for a new amp.

Well since everyone was sayin i was buyin cheap ass stuff i figured they ment everything i have is cheap.

i got offered 30 bucks for my pyramid amp by a friend so thats gone then after skool some girl gave me 60 bucks for my nitro amp. so now im in the market for a new amp.

Well since everyone was sayin i was buyin cheap ass stuff i figured they ment everything i have is cheap.

The question is do you want to buy locally or are you willing to buy over the net? And how much do you have to spend?

doesn't matter to where i buy it right now. I can probably spend around 150 bucks. Puggley thanks for sending me that box design im in the process of building it. Got 3/4 MDF board.

Your very welcome. :D

Now just to throw some ideas arround here are a few little goodies I found during my brief search.

But If I had to buy myself an amp at this moment to match the subs you already have this is what I personally would go with. The eD Nine.2X

http://edesignaudio.com/product.php?cid=17&pid=33&tab=Specs&cur=USD

I'll keep searching to see what else I can find.....

the right power, but imo sony xplod isnt any better than the ones you had before. if i have time, i'll look on the net tomorrow.

that's hilarious you sold those that quick and got $60 for one of em. good job.