front upper strut bar

stlunatics2oo3

Yes you can, they're called "Strut Tower Brace"s, You can usually find them on ebay, although they're a bit pricey.

They're not hard to install, other than the fact that you'll have to drill 2 holes in each strut tower cover.

You'll want this one:

1991-92 style, straight tube type brace. GM Part No. 10165774.

I believe you're able to put one in the back too. Since you have a cutlass.

However, I'm not sure if it's proprietary to Sedans or coupes? It should work for both, though

Try http://www.gmpartsdirect.com , they usually have them for the lowest price.

-MaD-

yeah i wanna know what one would look good on an white and dodge viper blue cutlass with blue interior since my grandparents died i have had this car and i wanna kno teh best type to get money isn't an option so please tell me what you would think and what to look at thanks in advanced

thanks mad you help alot of ppl. you and shawn are great i appreciate both of your help lately i mean i ama young back yard mechanic and i used to have a blazer and that was a b*t*h ya kno so thank you so much for teh help if any one else has an opinon on teh subject go ahead and say thanks

Guest Anonymous
All the ones I've seen make you drill the two holes for the bolts, but, out of curiosity, where would you bolt it to if you didn't drill the holes?

-MaD-

RSM sells an adjustable one that goes right over the existing studs on the top of your strut tower. And the use the existing nuts. It's a pretty nice looking unit.

I just installed the front STB that you have to drill the plates to install. It was a piece of cake. On my 89 Cutlass Coupe I did have to remove the underhood trouble light to clear the bar though. I also made a custom rear STB out of 1.5inch exhuast pipe that I flattened the ends on and drilled holes to mount on the strut mounting bolts. I painted both bar yellow and they look pretty sweet.

I have a spare one of the 97+ STB's too (the ones that you need to drill through the plates). I'm gonna see if I can find a way to get studs spot-welded to the plates, that would be a much cleaner install.