Aftermarket HU

kfahn

I am currently in the market for an aftermarket HU, but I like the color scheme that is currently in the car. I have looked, but never found another HU that has a similar red face that comes near to matching the stock unit.

Any suggestions?

(Matching this)

397465_36.jpg

I recommend the pioneer DEH-40dh, DEH-43dh, DEH-50dh, or the DEH-53dh.

They are perfect for a Pontiac with a 1.5 DIN opening. The units light up orange/red that is almost identical to the pontiac lighting and they are 1.5 DIN so they fit perfectly too.

The problem is they were made in the late 90s so they aren't backed with tons of features and they are pretty hard to come by. I had one a DEH-53dh in my Fiero and I LOVED the deck, it was one of the best sounding Pioneers I have ever had.

I did see that, I was just wondering, better bass output, crisper treble, clearer mid, but I will take that as a better all around

PS: for anyone else with suggestions, this is the type of HU that I am looking for, but I am still looking for options.

I gotcha now!

It was better all the way around, the FM reception was by far the best of any deck I have ever owned, you could tweek the setting quite well too. Very user friendly and of course it looked great