• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Prospeeder

• Kalgorn

• runt

• jeremy

ya, i went out to the one i ruind, tried to chip it, its solid now, i couldnt chip it with my fingernail like i used to, but im definatly giving them 3-5 more days, depending on how i feel about them

ya, i went out to the one i ruind, tried to chip it, its solid now, i couldnt chip it with my fingernail like i used to, but im definatly giving them 3-5 more days, depending on how i feel about them

Depending on how you feel about them? What do you mean by that? If you mean whether or not you're satisfied with how they turned out, I would decide soon just in case you want to strip them and redo them. It will be easier to strip them while the paint is still relatively not cured.

Right, right. I figured you would. Hopefully my search this Sunday goes well. I'm looking around for a new set of wheels for my car at a junkyard around here. I'm looking for either Cutty 5-spokes or GP 5-spokes. Going to paint them gunmetal with a polished lip. :)

cool, man, i reaaaaly hope these cure, i may have had some of the dirty aluminum water from wetsanding left in some of the pores of the wheel (not actually wet, dried of course), i rinsed them like 10 times after they were polished!!!

wonderful, its still not really setting at all, its better, but u can stil chip it off, what the fuck, paint should stick just fine! should i have put more paint on, i dunno, did i prep them bad, i dunno, did i use the wrong paint, Duplicolor SUV, Van and Truck Paint and Vehicle top coat, im sooo pissed off, goodbye 20$ and alot of my hard work

no, but how much better would the primer stick to the aluminum than the paint? it would prolly come right off too, the guy that did the write up didnt do primer, he painted over his black, then painted over that with gray, then painted over it AGAIN with an other color, and it sticks just fine for him, what the fuck did i do!? would not prepping then well realy make it that freaking bad?! i just risned them off, i didnt like go into detail preping them or nothing, now i wished i just left the stupid things alone, now its too late to repaint them, too cold

i did put alot of paint on, but the paint look so thin! it looks like i did one coat, but i did like 3 each, mabye 4, and tips on taping off the lip! i think one problem could be the paints on the lip and not adhering to it and thats causeing the tape to rip the paint

metal was warm, not like boiling hot, and it was fairly humid im afraid, it had just rained for 3 days and that was the good day after, its ruined, im just gonna strip them and do my best i can cleaning them, and use Caliper paint, i can paint them in my shed or somthing, or leave them bare for now till next spring, i dont know :(

well, the paint stayed on one we peeled off, but the first one the paint still just chips right off, its really starting to worry me :? they still smell like fresh paint, and i painted them all 3-4 coats in one day, so i guess too much paint at once

they completly set, im putting more paint on them, VERY slow this time, small coats 24+ hours apart, and then letting them dry for over a week be4 even attempting to take off the tape

Looking good dude!! I just finished my 3rd one, and am starting the last one, but I will have to clear coat mine for sure, since they will be used in winter, at least this winter. I got some wheel clear coat, but I didn't apply it yet. Most likely within the next couple weeks, I'll have the clear coat on, and then I'll have to see how much shine is gone after clear coat. I love the looks of them now, but I need the clear coat protection. Even if half of the shine is gone, it will still look way better then they did when I got them, all corroded and what not... Post some pics as soon as you got something new done. Good luck with that painting.