NEED OPINIONS Xlace Shade**UPDATE!! PAINT PICS**

Prospeeder

Like, Im gonna be painting my xlaces ya know, and im now having second thoughts on what color, Black (like c-bads) or Dark Gray metallic

Black

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y262/dave64bit/June505avatar.jpg

Gray Metallic

http://www.clubgp.com/mods/37/woowoo5.jpeg

im afraid the black would make it look like a black blob with a ring around it, you wouldnt be able to see the spokes at all, but the dark gray would look great and dark but show the spokes, im in a toss up, what do yall think

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Prospeeder

• Kalgorn

• runt

• jeremy

I just bought myself a set of gunmetal grey crosslaces off a member at ClubGP. Black looks ok, too, but I'm going to have touches of gunmetal and aluminum throughout the car (including the charcoal grey leather interior I scored a while back), so I thought it would suit it better.

my parents think i should leave them the bare aluminum color, its horrible i think, looks like shit. The damn Gold im having a horrible time getting off, i have the aircraft stripper, most is off now, but iv almost got an entire can into one wheel, any tips on getting that gold shit off!

Sure, ill see if i can get pics for ya, heres a write up, just go to wal mart to find the aircraft stripper, i have the tire still on the wheel, its fairly easy to spray with it on, just dont get anything on the tire, i could be bad, its quite time consuming too, im just starting tho, wheel #1 is almost stripped

http://www.clubgp.com/cgi-asp/mods.asp?modid=37

The car my wheels are coming off from looks just like that, except the wheels have aluminum center caps. But I've been planning on those same wheels and center caps scheme ever since I saw that write up a year ago. The red in them would accent the TGP perfectly, and tie in the wheels to the car even better.

Montecarlochick should love this pic., this is how my TGP sits at this moment

100_1041.jpg

The Wheels stripped and the lip polished be4 Rubbing compund or MOthers Aluminum Polish

100_1042.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/Prospeeder/100_1042.jpg

Close up, its blury, but u can see how good the reflection is, its shiny, u can see like a mirror in it now w/ the rubbing compound

hell yes, but they cant spin counter clockwise, or i wont be PIMPIN!!!!!

(u know, from the song PImpin all over the world by Ludacris)

Ya, there my moms snow tires, lol, my wheels hopfully

willl be all done by the end of the month

looks like you are making decent progress, be sure to keep the pics coming

:withstupid:

Looks good, more pictures of progress needed as you go along, the more I watch this, the more I'm going to want to try this... good job :)

I'd like to see more pics of the shiney!

You've done a great job of stripping them down and shining them up, can't wait to see them painted!!

m afraid the black would make it look like a black blob with a ring around it, you wouldnt be able to see the spokes at all, but the dark gray would look great and dark but show the spokes, im in a toss up, what do yall think

Paint them black. Yes, sometimes it does look like you are driving w/ 2 rings, but your rotors and calipers show though anyways- if you paint the calipers red (match the car) it looks real good.

If you paint the wheels gunmetal or something I think they will just look like DIRTY black wheels. Shiney black looks so good I love my wheels, you won't regret it!!

alright! i decided im going with black, a GOOD picture of the shiny will come, im almost done with wheel #3, Fair wendsday-sunday and having to babysit is making it hard to finish