Stainless brake lines

92 GP

anyone have these?

I was thinking of ordering some this weekend. I can get some for like $70 (Employee discount)

Just wondering if anyone had these and if they made a difference?

Shit, i figured with all the shit i'm putting into it i may as well just go all the way with everything.

But i was just wondering who had these, and what kind of effects it made?

I told my manager if he knew off the top of his head who to go through for them, and he just got all arrogant about it. "What's wrong with OEM, they're perfectly fine, they'll last you your whole life, what's your problem? That shit has to be rolled and all that anyway"

My response of course was "you idiot, they come pre-rolled...they don't just sell you a sheet of stainless and expect you to do it"

He thinks when i said the stainless steel lines, that you take stainless steel, roll it, and form it to your OEM brake lines :roll:

That's my asst. manager that was sayin that. We're pretty cool as far as yellin at eachother...it's rather comical half the time. He does something stupid and i'll be like "you fuck up". He'll just respond " i know goddamnit" :lol:

So would they be worth the change?

which would be kickass! That's what i'm looking for. Better response...and i want a stiffer pedal. Shit i get used to driving mine...where you have to push it half way before you even feel anything, then get in my regal, and i tap it...EEERRRRRK! :lol:

All I know is on my '90 GP, the last thing I wanted was a stiffer pedal..

these cars vary a lot in braking performance.

my red '93 didn't stop worth shit with OEM Delco pads, but my '88 stops much better with $8 Autozone pads

Personally I dont think there worth it. Up at one of the weekly get togethers for the cars, we were talking about this. We decided that just the OEM or atleast just the rubber lines where better than stainless steel. Because one guy said on the inside of the braided steel is the same rubber. Plus if you drive in winter, the steel will rust and wear out faster than the rubber lines. And for such a price difference, we kind of agreed the only car youd put them on is like a show car or something where you dont want rubber line hanging out.

Yeah, what kind of discussion is that! out the window I say. Stainless lines make a noticable difference. They are popular for a reason, just make sure you do them all around.

Stainless rusting...haha, wow.

Personally I dont think there worth it. Up at one of the weekly get togethers for the cars, we were talking about this. We decided that just the OEM or atleast just the rubber lines where better than stainless steel. Because one guy said on the inside of the braided steel is the same rubber. Plus if you drive in winter, the steel will rust and wear out faster than the rubber lines. And for such a price difference, we kind of agreed the only car youd put them on is like a show car or something where you dont want rubber line hanging out.

Stainless doesnt let water in the brake system like rubber does when it gets older. Thats where a sloppy pedal feel comes from. Completely bleed your system and put new brake fluid and tell me there isnt a difference. Stainless owns