Took third place in sound comp today

jdcutty

and only have a 8mm xmax.

For some reason i doubt that, but I could be wrong.

I have no reason to get on here and lie to anyone, cause frankly i couldn't give a fuck what anyone on here thinks of me. I was just sharing with you guys what the mic said, if you still dont believe me then fuck off, i dont care.

and only have a 8mm xmax.

For some reason i doubt that, but I could be wrong.

I have no reason to get on here and lie to anyone, cause frankly i couldn't give a fuck what anyone on here thinks of me. I was just sharing with you guys what the mic said, if you still dont believe me then fuck off, i dont care.

Ok... I was giving them the benifit of the doubt...they are actually 7.5mm xmax subs...as per sonys Thiele-Small Parameters.

http://esupport.sony.com/perl/model-documents.pl?mdl=XSL121P5

This is going nowhere......This is my last post in this thread.

And here i thought that this would never end, hmmmm, I was wrong. Sorry that you had to make excuses as to why my sonys beat your alpine. Guess you will have to try harder next time.

well basically all I can see is that its word against word. Plusjdcutty, you have 2 12's, Puggsley456, has 1 12? is it? But out of all the times Puggsley456 has helped me, I can say he knows his shit, all i can do is learn from him. But basically, if we had some slips from the places, would made this much better.

Yell at me or whatever, Im just saying what Ive noticed.

I would like to offer an apology to anyone whom I may have angered or offended by my posts. Especially jdcutty. My intension when reading this thread was not to discredit anyone nor belittle their integrity.

And just to add... I run an Elemental Designs 16Ov.2(15").

Apology accepted, I also was not trying to discredit anyone. Of the post that i have read, Puggsley456 also seems to know what he was doing. I also know what i am doing as i have been doing it for a little more than 7 years. Alot of local people know me and come to me with problems with their systems (which in most cases were installed by "professionals" to begin with.

Puggsley456, i do believe that you could get more than 136db out of that one 15", just dont try to say that my 2 12's (even though they are sony) cannot hit 141.4. I am also done arguing about this and will update with what i hit with this weekend (hopefully I can get a slip, just to prove it). Stay tuned.....

• 3 weeks later...
So, I went to Dukes Car Stereo today for thier sound competition that they do every Saturday just to see what kind of sound I actually have, and I ended up taking 3rd place with 141.4 db. I was shooting for 140 so i guess I made my goal. I will probably pick up a slotted box to make it a little louded, and a different bass cd that has a bass sweep, and then maybe i can kick it up to 145-150 db. I guess we will see. I dont think that i did too bad today considering the first place guy was at 143.5, I wasn't too far behind.

And everyone says that sony is crap. :lol:

i call this one bs, not saying you lying but the mic was eather not on the dash like it should be or it was off bigtime. That is if your running sony amps or subs. The reason being none of sonys amps put out anything close to what they claim. You would need about a billion of them to = one full watt :lol: :lol:

You probably never had a good sony amp then, The older mobile ES amps, like the 5046 are rated at 50x4 RMS, but can be peaky around 800watts RMS

im not saying that all sony is this good, but the mobile ES amps, are some of the best quality amps ive had in a long time, i currently own a 3046 two 3546's and a 5046 and ive had them for over 10 years now and they have not missed a beat, i wouldnt trade them for any of the new pieces of shit out on the market.

also the older m1 m3 and m5 are really nice sony amps

matthew

For what isn't worth....my friend has a Sony amp powering his 12" Pioneer....that Sony is suppose to blow that sub into pieces...it can't even make the sub distort....false advertising if I say so myself.....

However my Clarion is pretty shitty as well

most subs distort from being underpowered, They sound clean until they blow from being overpowered.

matthew