Took third place in sound comp today

jdcutty

So, I went to Dukes Car Stereo today for thier sound competition that they do every Saturday just to see what kind of sound I actually have, and I ended up taking 3rd place with 141.4 db. I was shooting for 140 so i guess I made my goal. I will probably pick up a slotted box to make it a little louded, and a different bass cd that has a bass sweep, and then maybe i can kick it up to 145-150 db. I guess we will see. I dont think that i did too bad today considering the first place guy was at 143.5, I wasn't too far behind.

And everyone says that sony is crap. :lol:

I never said Sony was crap.

I run a Sony HU(HX/DSP CDX-C8050X mobile ES X-plode 4v-pre-out), 10 disc with aux. input module, PS2 combo that makes the whole system coordinate seamlessly.

I don't use the 50wx4 amp, just the front, rear and sub rcas to run my 4 ch. Alpine amp and JL 1000 monoblock. But the deck takes control of every frequency going to every speaker quite well with its HUGE menu of options.

So, I went to Dukes Car Stereo today for thier sound competition that they do every Saturday just to see what kind of sound I actually have, and I ended up taking 3rd place with 141.4 db. I was shooting for 140 so i guess I made my goal. I will probably pick up a slotted box to make it a little louded, and a different bass cd that has a bass sweep, and then maybe i can kick it up to 145-150 db. I guess we will see. I dont think that i did too bad today considering the first place guy was at 143.5, I wasn't too far behind.

i call this one bs, not saying you lying but the mic was eather not on the dash like it should be or it was off bigtime. That is if your running sony amps or subs. The reason being none of sonys amps put out anything close to what they claim. You would need about a billion of them to = one full watt :lol: :lol:

And your setup is?

i call this one bs, not saying you lying but the mic was eather not on the dash like it should be or it was off bigtime. That is if your running sony amps or subs. The reason being none of sonys amps put out anything close to what they claim. You would need about a billion of them to = one full watt :lol: :lol:

First the mic-ing was done by a professional, on the dash of the car. I am not sure of the kind of mic, but i do know that it is calibrated and used in national db drag competitions. Think what you want, but if you dont believe me, I will be back in muskegon in a month and you can come listen to it.

And here is my setup... With a sony HU and Sony 3-way 6x9's.

29edf057.jpg

For what isn't worth....my friend has a Sony amp powering his 12" Pioneer....that Sony is suppose to blow that sub into pieces...it can't even make the sub distort....false advertising if I say so myself.....

However my Clarion is pretty shitty as well

Please I mean no disrespect nor judge anyones integrity to anyone here.

It just that there have been test preformed by carsound.com on the sony P5's and never did they reach anywhere near 140db in a ported box, let alone a sealed one. Thats what leaves be skeptical. A single P5 on 1200watts in a ported box achieved 130db. Now acomidate for the change from ported to sealed and from one sub to two. And the output should be fairly close to the same off of 1200watts. Now given that cabin gain can increase spl given the right circumstances....An increase of 10db? I dont know! But I guess stranger things have happened.

http://carsound.com/articles/publish/printer_17.shtml

I have found other P5 amps, just not the 1600 watt ones. All the dealers have switched to this years model amps, so they have lately been hard to find, and i have never seen them in any stores.

The amp is marked 1600 watts, and the box is an off the shelf q-logic that probably isn't the most efficient for these subs. I do plan to pick up a slot-ported box for these sometime in the near future, and we will see how much it changes then.

And just out of curiosity, Puggsley456, what does yours hit? It is a very nice setup.

:lol:

I wouldn't have a vented box, that makes it sound like shit.

Yea man what are you hittin, Puggy boy?

BTW, if you want ports you can run them through the back deck. Just reinforce that flimsy back deck so it does not rattle as much.

I was just laughin because I like your set-up, and people want to try and question us that know what we are doing.

If others cant believe it, then sit back and watch how its done.

I have found other P5 amps, just not the 1600 watt ones. All the dealers have switched to this years model amps, so they have lately been hard to find, and i have never seen them in any stores.

The amp is marked 1600 watts, and the box is an off the shelf q-logic that probably isn't the most efficient for these subs. I do plan to pick up a slot-ported box for these sometime in the near future, and we will see how much it changes then.

And just out of curiosity, Puggsley456, what does yours hit? It is a very nice setup.

Ya that P5 amp does 900 rms @ 2 ohm mono. The 1600watts is a max output rating which would only be achievable under extreme clipping of the outputs.

I hit 136db with a hang over.....lol. I enterd a competition on my birthday and was so hung over that I forgot to disconnect my component ampifier. And I also forgot to turn the gain up on my sub amp. So I ended up only pushing 400rms instead of the 750 I had on tap. :oops:

You can only imagine the headache I had afterwards.

:shock:

I guess it could be bs. but those are 12's.

coil throw just gives you lower bass freq. response.

I have seen Pioneer IMPP 12s in a big box(sealed) that just slammed so f-ing loud.

It was incredible. and they are about the same.