Different location of CD player than stock.

Frosty4477

I didn't like where the cd player was located, because i wanted to put my dvd screen there. So i did this little custom job for it.....this is where the ashtray and cig lighter were.

2087004_3_full.jpg

What do you guys think?

I thought about doing something similar when I wanted to put touchscreen navigation where the factory HU goes.

It would look better if you could make that HU sit flush.

Hey, can that play MP3's burned onto a DVD?

I did a little homework... it can play MP3 burned onto a DVD. :shock:

That's practically my entire music collection burned onto 1 DVD, I would never have to change media! Oooh, I want one of those too! Looks pretty classy too, I like the big LCD.

Is the faceplate oversized, or is it normal 1-DIN? In the pics it kind of looks like the face is oversized, but it's hard to tell.

Anyway that's a badass HU. :thumbsup:

How much is it??????

Looks like it's possible to get it just under $450 shipped on Ebay. Kinda pricey, but I've paid more for less interesting car stereos in the past! Definitely seems to be good bang for the buck.

There's an even cheaper one, the KD-ADV6160, it plays DVD on MP3's too, but doesn't have the fancy 3" LCD screen... just a regular ol' segmented display. Looks like it's possible to get it for under $250 shipped on Ebay.

I've been buying Pioneer up till now, but these really look like bargains for what all they can do. It might be time to jump ship to JVC.

Shawn, it can play a dvd holding 28,000 songs on it. The cool thing about this deck is that i can navigate through the folders of music on the 7" lcd i have....the reciever has a video out for that. The little 3" lcd actually will show the movie or concert dvd you are watching.....very clear but so small its annoying. I actually had the cheaper one at first, but didn't like the fact that it had NO SUB CONTROL. Also with no display...you can't navigate the menu of a dvd without a seperate screen so sometimes you can't even get it to play!!!! The face IS oversized....i don't know why more companies don't do it. It is a size 1 din. The best part is when i put in eric clapton i can watch him play...AND ITS IN DOLBY DIGITAL sound which ups the SQ A TON. No 5.1 though.

If you have some time, would you do me a favor and measure the face from top to bottom? Is the face vertically centered on the deck, or does it overhang an unequal amount?

Looks like a really badass deck for less money than I would have expected.

Nope, no AAC/M4A, just MP3 and WMA. I found the manual PDF.

You could always do a batch convert to MP3 before burning it to a DVD.

The feature I want that most aftermarket HU's don't have (but Pioneer does) is a "Big Clock" mode. I use the display for that more than anything else.

It is vertically centered, the camera angle is just very awkward and confusing you guys. On my install there is an equal amount of space under and above the face. If this were a normal deck it would be flush, the faceplate sticks out some on this. SHAWN, the measurements are: Depth or thickness of the faceplate: .6 inch. Width 6.65 inch. Height is 2.25 inch.

Thanks for the measurements. :)

That's pretty cool, it looks like its faceplate is oversized, but the face uses space that on a normal stereo would be used for the bezel. That means it'll fit pretty much anywhere a normal 1-DIN will fit. I don't know if you would want to go to the trouble, but my truck's stereo installation kit has the stereo actually countersunk probably about 3/16", maybe more (the front of the bezel is completely flush). I bet you could use something similar and modify it to fit that would make that stereo look more factory in the dash.