Finally cleaned the engine bay (mostly 56k safe)

Grand Moff Joseph

Well, I finally had the time and the decent weather to really clean up the engine bay, so this marks the first real down and (very) dirty cleaning of my car's engine.

Before:

dogbonebefore.jpg

More Before:

dogboneafter.jpg

After:

cleanengine1.jpg

More After:

cleanclose1.jpg

Some of the few stains that remain seem to be either oxidation or caked on oil grime that will never go away (until I sandblast it that is). Any ideas on how to get that off?

wow your before looks like my after when i clean lol

what did you use??

and iwish ihad that black piece on the left hand side...makes the motor look so much cleaner

yeah simple green works ok..i havent tried using it with a brush though

but...for those plastic pieces around the engine bay...use some Back To Black or Trim Detailer...it makes it look sooo new!!

EuroSport94 - which black piece are you talking about that you don't have??? j/w...

Anyway, looks verty clean man....last time I cleaned my engine bay the black apint on the plenum came off :( lol

yeah that black thing was for 90's only. woohoo be jealous 91-94 Lumina owners lol j/k :wink:

Bleach-white works awesome as well as simple green. Then armorall afterwards. To get all the wires and stuff, spray the armorall onto a brush then go from there.