Black STE

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I've been arguing with a guy on the Corvette forum about the TGP and TSTE. He says they handle crappy and are slow, blah blah blah... But anyway he had also mentioned 3 production colors for the TSTE. I called :bs: . He says Mclaren made 3 black TSTE's for the show car circuit and then sold them as regular production. Does anyone know anything about this? Anyone seen one?

I have not heard of any, but will be able to confirm that when the time comes to get those posters signed, oh yea I have from Pontiac Publications and Advertisements to make poster reprints. There was no dealer info for the Maroon TSTE either but we have seen enough to know they existed so there might be a chance, but I would not give someone who was diss’n the TSTE the nod for his claims of black ones either. There were 25 proto-type fleet TGPs made for testing before they became production, with a White TSTE being driven by the President Wiley McCoy for several years before it was crushed (booo), McLaren had to retain one running TSTE (same as the TGP drivetrain of course) setup should there be any needs to tweak the chip for emissions of any serious drivability problems, and Wiley said he hated to part with it as he enjoyed driving it every day to work! Will be in touch.

Jeff M

I have never heard of or seen a black one, however I think it would look pretty nice. I have thought about painting my car black, but don't want to spend the money.