250hp?

black_z34

hi everybody! Im new to the board. A few days ago I was talking with my buddy who was at RSM and he told me that somebody had a z-34 or a fiero with the 3.4dohc making over 250 horsepower at the wheels! Is that car a member here? What is his name? thanks. I want to know if he is from here or the US.

mike

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Prospeeder

• fastbird232

• black_z34

• frusciante fan

just to let you know that a guy on the fiero forum helped me out finding this guy;

http://60degreev6.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=6819

what a sick car that must be! i can't wait until he gets the other mods on. do you think he can get 275 at the wheels?

what is the highest horespower to the wheels n/a 3.4dohc?

thanks for your help guys!

mike

Kevwoods Z-34 ,the one you see on 60v6, appears to be far and away the

highest na 3.4 dohc. That thing must be awesome. If he gets his headers

done I'll bet he'll get 275 hp. Hope he does.

BRIAN

92 Z-34 FFP stuff so far

just to let you know that a guy on the fiero forum helped me out finding this guy;

http://60degreev6.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=6819

what a sick car that must be! i can't wait until he gets the other mods on. do you think he can get 275 at the wheels?

mike

Eh...no sicker then any other large HP fiero. Small block Chevy's and Northstar V8's implants are very common...all from 300 to 400 HP. Supercharged 3800's are an easy 245 HP stock, and very often they are modded for more HP.

Sick is some guy installing a 4.3L diesel in a Fiero...there was a thread about that about 6 months ago on the Fiero boards...guy was getting about 35 MPG.

Ben

yeh, there will always be something faster out there, i just ment sick as in a lumina with a 3.4dohc with that much power. From what Ive read most guys say you have to put in a 3.8sc to get big numbers. Nobody here in Ontario other than RSM will touch my car with performace parts, i cant find anything and rsm is so expensive. so now there is hope, no transplant, no nos, no boost.

what he did with that motor so far imho is sick!

mike

they wanted to get over 300 hp outta these motors orignially, but de-tuned them because the transmissions weren't holding up to that much HP - so rather then making a stronger trani. they made a weaker motor.

--Dave.

the buick lucerne is BEAUTIFUL!

Hmm I never heard about it until now... so I checked it out

http://www.buick.com/lucerne/

Looks like a nice car. I really like the styling (especially the rear).

So, is the Lacross suppose to replace the century, and this replace the Regal? Or are we gonna have 3 friggen Buicks that are basically the same size??

a 3.4 will do 250 horse at the wheels with a 70 shot, but most people are scared of juice :roll:

Boost makes a world of difference for making power, and the 3.4 loves it with the 4v cylinder head. But aint no way in hell a 4t60e will take it for long, unless ya spend a good chunk of cash on a perfomance type rebuild.

a 3.4 will do 250 horse at the wheels with a 70 shot, but most people are scared of juice :roll:

Boost makes a world of difference for making power, and the 3.4 loves it with the 4v cylinder head. But aint no way in hell a 4t60e will take it for long, unless ya spend a good chunk of cash on a perfomance type rebuild.

That's the downfall to these cars.....the transmissions unless you have a 5speed. Not to mention sure GM had the technology to make a 300 hp FWD V6, but A) that wouldn't sell especially in the early 90's B) No Auto trans could hold it and C) 300 hp FWD =$$$$$$ to make and design for what such a narrow market?!

Sure anything can be done with money, I mean hell you give me 100k and I could make a Z34 dragster.

:lol: It was just a matter of time before people got decent power out of 3.4's. I'm waiting until people get 300+HP to the wheels. It's kinda funny that 13 years later were starting to solve the 3.4 and how to get power out of it. :)

That's what confuses me; we've got these DUAL OVERHEAD CAM motors, but they only come with 210-215 hp, and wringing much more out of that takes a more work than it probably should. Take a look at some of those foreign, similarly-sized DOHC motors, and there's absolutely no comparison. Is it because there's slim aftermarket for them, or what?