which subs would go best with this amp?

webbs

ok i just got a brand new rockford fosgate amp #3001

i got this amp becaus ei have connections at best buy and i got it for 20 dollars

my question is what would be the best subs and box for this amp

and id like to make my own box if some1 could design me one :D

no i didnt steal it and yeah bb employees get 50% off idk really how i got it for so cheap :shrug:

i have like 300 to spend on subs and a box if i make isnt that expensive

and i just would like to get some ideas than pick which ones than have some1 design me a ported box :)

no i didnt steal it and yeah bb employees get 50% off idk really how i got it for so cheap :shrug:

i have like 300 to spend on subs and a box if i make isnt that expensive

and i just would like to get some ideas than pick which ones than have some1 design me a ported box :)

I can heelp you with the box designs but you need to tell me which ones you chose before I start, and also how much space you have and what you're looking for SQ/SPL wise.

If you do the box yourself.....it should only cost arround $40-50....So lets guesstimate that thje sub you are looking for has to be arround the 200-250 mark.

What size of subwoofer do you want? 10, 12 or 15?

You can get a ed 16Kv.2 for $135 Its the small brother to the one I use and I love it!:D

http://www.edesignaudio.com/product.php?cid=1&pid=5&cur=USD

Or if you are looking for a nice quality single 12 I recommend the Image Dymanics 12" IDQ.

http://www.cardomain.com/item/IDSIDQ12D4V2

Just remember that what ever sub you chose, when wired up it needs to be able to offer a 2 ohm impedance to get the most out of that amp. So this means for one sub you need a Dual 4 ohm voice coil configuration.

yeah thats a hell of a deal

those will work good with that amp?

if so just design me a box for 2 of them and than uk the clearanc in a 95 CS since u have a 94

and thanx for all ur help i would be very lost wiothout u :)

yeah thats a hell of a deal

those will work good with that amp?

if so just design me a box for 2 of them and than uk the clearanc in a 95 CS since u have a 94

and thanx for all ur help i would be very lost wiothout u :)

No problem...

I found this box which should work perfectlly....when putting it inot the trunk....aim the subs facing up towards the sky, place the box into the trunk in that possition and then rotate the box so that the subs face the rear.....That was the only way I could get my dual 12 box in the trunk and it was the same as that one.

http://www.icixsound.com/vb/icixnation/images/38_61.gif

Your amp does 300rms at 2 ohm. When those subs are wired together like this:

2_4ohmSVC_2ohm.gif

It will be a perfec match for those two Kickers(rated at 150rms each).......And Kicker recommends a ported enclosure of 1.75cubic feet each.....But that design is 1.5cubic feet per sub. This will give you a bit more leeway, because when you decrease the box size you gain a little bit more in the power handling department.