sub and amp question

Cartracer

i was thinking about getting 2 Rockford Fosgate Punch 12" P3 subs (2 ohm)(500 rms max each) and the Punch P10002 amp which puts out 500 rms x 2 at 2 ohms. does this look like a good setup to u guys? also when wiring the amp, is there something i have to do to make the amp turn on and off or does it do that when i connect the power wire to the battery. tia.

I have heard Fosgate stuff sucks lately, the stereo store here stopped carrying RF completely. too many blown fried and returned. I got 2 10's on my Ford and thinking about yankin em. Go with JL Audio, you cant go wrong with that brand usually. I have always blown out RF. Don't forget to hook up the remote wire(blue wire off the deck, goes to amp).

I have a set of Rockford Punch Z's sitting in my basement. I was running 85 watts RMS to them, and they blew after having them for a year. I will never get new Rockford Stuff again. Their old school stuff is awesome. I remember a friend of mine has some Rockford Series 1 subs, and a Punch 100ix amp. They both work to this day.