Battery Buried damn turbo (GROUND WIRE HELP NEEDED)

Prospeeder

Ok, i need to get to my battery, I remmoved the crossbrace, and the windshield wiper bottle, and i STILL cant reach anything, what else should i remove, im trying to check all the grounds, what am i looking for? if there loose? Corroded? all of them seem to have had the ruber stuff that surrounds the actual wire pull from the head, so theres exposed wires, is this bad? i dont know how many there are, where they are, and how to get to ANYTHING, please help me out, and this may sound stupid, but how do u remove the battery cables, i dont wanna hurt nothin, or fry somthing

Tell ya what.. I've gotta replace the battery in my TGP. I'll take some pictures from start to finish of the entire process. Would that help you out?

looks like ya cables have seen better days, there pretty cheap 2 replace and not that hard 2 do.

are you having issues removing the battery from the car? theres only the 2 cables and a 13mm bolt to the hold down, the battery should come right out.

I just ran a spare ground in my buick because I was troubleshooting my amp. The wires I have look good, but I know there in need of replacement. I ran a new wire from the negitive on the battery right to the chassis.

Good luck

Those are the ones I always try to explain to people. You gotta take those off and sand em all down. Sand it until it is all shiny as hell. the paint is in the way of the contact. You need GB crimpers and a gold ring terminal. Gardner Bender crimpers are the shit. they got nippers on the end of them to clip the green corroded end off just enough. then take a razor knife and cut off the jacket a little. crimp it and bright light 8) !

oh awsome, so Sand down the paint, so its shiny, so it grounds better, then clip off the green shit, then cut the jacket, then crimp it, awsome! ill do that, with both of them? thats gonna be a pain in the ass for the lower one, but the upper one, no problem, ill prolly have to take the battery out to get to the lower one

Ok, where does this ground go

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/Prospeeder/Trouble%20Shoot%20Pics/100_0659.jpg

theres 3 ground on it, one big and 2 little ones, i know for sure one of the little ones go to the PMIII ABS, but the others are a mystery, i know thats the reason im getting my ABS light, slow accumulator noise, DImming of lights when any load, ect...., the other one might have somthing to do with it too, i need to know where the one shown, so i can possible replace it, there NO slack what soever, so doing what gp90se said would be impossible, or at leasy really hard, any help would be appreaciated

I had to take my IC pipe off also, and there was a oil in the TB, not a lot, but some, like a little puddle, and it dripped off onto the xover, i wasnt aware there was oil in there.

oil in the tb = leaky turbo

Honestly, like i said before, ya best bet would be to buy new cables at the part store, and swap them out. if nothing else for now, take a piece of 8 gauge wire, run it from the chassis directly to the battery.

*nbc theme* the more you know

thank you Jeff :lol:

im gettin a hell of an education 2night

:lol: just did not want to freak him out too much with his turbo leaking/hope not too 8)

A few hours from sleep (WTF is that!!) then gone for 10 days so peace everyone!!

Jeff M

DUDE, u seriously about gave me a stroke, when i read, "oil in tb means leaky turbo" i about died, lol, but i was thinking the same thing as jeff, oil from the crankcase or somewhere would prolly work its way in there, so whats that ground ground to??? i need to know be4 i can replace anything

right beside the battery b/n where the battery and airbox would be on a n/a 3.1L....notice the positive terminal sticking out. No idea what that ground is though

That grounds your block to the frame. That is where I added another 8 gauge ground strap too and just kept the stock one. The stocker is pretty burly so I just left it on. I just ran out and looked to make sure and I saw the gold down there. But sanding is the main thing.

so like, how do u ground it to the block? im confused on that one, like, its just from the frame to the block then, nothing else, ill juse sand it down and see if that helps, and if i really have to send another wire to ground so be it, but i hope i dont, do u know what size that nut that holds it down is? i cant figure out what freaking size it is