Sony Xplod Speakers... yay or nay?!

ry92grandprixse

Are these speakers decent? I bought a set of XS-R1341 160w 4-way 5.25" last night for $40 and some change from Wal Mart to replace my front speakers in the 94. Also what am I going to have to do to replace these? Do I need to buy additonal wiring or anything else? :oops:

I can't find these anywhere on the internet :shock: :willynilly:

:thumbsdown:

good rule for stereo equipment: if you can buy it at Wally World it probably isn't very good

:lol: I know I know I just don't want to throw alot of $$ into the 94. Daddys got a new baby 8) thats eatin up a shit load of my money, but its worth every dime :lol: Plus I have the 94 up for sale so I want everything working, I'm asking just under KBB retail and except for a couple of small imperfections I'm getting fixed this car is worth every dime.

Are these speakers decent? I bought a set of XS-R1341 160w 4-way 5.25" last night for $40 and some change from Wal Mart to replace my front speakers in the 94. Also what am I going to have to do to replace these? Do I need to buy additonal wiring or anything else? :oops:

I can't find these anywhere on the internet :shock: :willynilly:

Wait...you're putting 5 1/4" speakers in the front of a '94 GP?!? Last time I checked, I thought all W's prior to the redesigns of the dashboards in 95-96 had the speakers placed in the dashboard. If that's the case, I thought all W's had 4" speakers in the dash. I know getting mine in there was a bitch and a bit of a tight fit. Unless your prix is different from my '94 Cutty, I don't see how you're going to be able to use those speakers.

Usually stock speakers are the same as cheap aftermarket like Xplodes, but I know that the fronts in my 95 SUCK (I think the 4x6s in my old 88 GP sounded better) so yeah there's nothing wrong with putting cheap speakers in your car so that you have some sound. Were your stock speakers blown or something?

yeah take them back and get some jensens. Now for the price of jenens, that a nice speaker. My friend has Xplode in is truck and they said they sucked, he blew the fronts in about a week and he said they sounded like poopoo

for $40 i dont think you can really go wrong honestly...yeah they might not be the best speakers but shit what else are you gonna find for $40? jensens suck more than xplods do...what i woulda done was bought some off ebay cause then you would get a nice pair for around $40...