Autozone: duralast vs valuecraft ?

bogart219

Hey folks,

I got to change a lower balljoint on my 94 GP. Autozone has a duralast one for $30 and lifetime warrenty. They also have a Valuecraft one for $15 with a three month warrenty. Is it true that as far as quality these two parts are basically the same and that you are paying that extra money for the lifetime warrenty? I don't want to spend double for the same part. thanks!

Personally I wouldn't go with either one, but considering the average cost of a good balljoint is $40, I'd stay away from the $15 one. That's one of the few items you never want to have fail.

the valuecraft are junk, plain and simple. the duralast arent bad, but there not as good as moog. my blazer would go thru valuecraft balljoints 1ce a week, the duralast would go a month or 2 before having 2 swap them (it gets driven hard).

Go to advance auto if you have one around and get the TRW or Moog balljoints. The TRW's should be around $35-40 and carry a lifetime warranty.

i've seen cars with the cheepo balljoints come in one year with them freshly installed, then next year need replaced for inspection.

I work @ autozone & I shake my head everytime someone wants a value craft part, I wouldnt put any of that crap on my car... I think the joints & rods were valuecraft... & what do u know they're knocking, I'm snatchin those off asap... Moog is pretty good, I did notice we had a few moog parts in today, usually only see duralast everywhere.

:D Thanks for the advice , I'm glad I found this out. I have a Advance autoparts store near me and will get the TRW brand like you suggested.

Thanks again!

Good n00b... :lol: :joke:

Seriously though, good move for spending the extra cash. A little expense now saves a lot of expanse later. :)

Welcome to the boards!

Go to advance auto if you have one around and get the TRW or Moog balljoints. The TRW's should be around $35-40 and carry a lifetime warranty.

No doubt Moog or Trw well worth the price.