Radio Swap

xN8x

I searched and didn't find anything, probably cuz no one's dumb enough to ask. Could I swap a 94 oldsmobile radio into my 90 cutlass? I found one that's in the next town over that I'd like to swap in.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=6763&item=7986314688&sspagename=WDVW#ebayphotohosting

I want one that has a tape player and a cd player. I want to be able to use my ipod and tape adapter and play my cd's. So, do you think it would fit in the space with MINIMAL hacking up of the dash? Or would the theftlock make it lock up and not even turn on?

Nope, the 94-present Olds radios are double din. Your Cutty has din 1.5...

About the wiring, it is a SERIOUS pain in the ass. The newer radios have a bunch of extra wires, and it got frustrating real quick for me, when I tried it in my toro. I never did get that damn radio to power up... :roll:

that radio is not a 1994 its like 1999+

Not true, I've seen that radio in a '95 Cutlass Supreme, and plenty of Olds 88's.

yeah, that was the stock radio in my '97 Cutty....it was available in +95 Oldsmobiles

Not true, I've seen that radio in a '95 Cutlass Supreme, and plenty of Olds 88's.

He is talking about the '88 thru '94 dash. The '95 radio won't fit without a lot of grief.

He is talking about the '88 thru '94 dash. The '95 radio won't fit without a lot of grief.

I'm aware of that, but I was more or less correcting his "1999+" statement.

I'm aware of that, but I was more or less correcting his "1999+" statement.

Sorry, I thought the change year, 94 to 95 got lost here somewhere.