so i was thinking of doing some appearance mods for my GP...

sonick

until i realized i think my car looks perfect the way it is right now...

some additions i was thinking of doing:

- tinted headlaps... ugly...

- tinted rears... ugly...

- tinted windows... not bad, but cant do it myself if i want it to look good...

- chrome exhuast tips.. too ricey... i think ill just sand down the existing ones a bit and make it shine more

any ideas that might be half decent?

can you give us a pic to show us where you are at right now. Tinted tails/windows will look damn good on the right car, and chrome exhaust tips aren't ricey unless they are 4" in diameter or bigger.

yeah get a pic of the car up.....cant really help unless so.

all of the above things look good on certain cars...like the tinted tails on jeremy's old cutty(pic above) and my car too :wink:

tinted tails are always a plus...some people have really nice custom made ones. Take a look @ Jeremy's Sig for example. He custom made the tinted tails he has. I know a few ppl have done it, so I'm sure someone could definately tell you how to do it.

Ok, I found some pics of your car, so I put them in the post so people could see them to see what we are starting with.

First thing I would do would be to lose the plastic "light" panel on the trunk, you might be better off buying new trunk piece. I would also replace the "reverse" tails with standard "checkered" tails from GP.

The biggest improvement that I can see you making is with the rims. Go find yourself a nice set of aftermarket 17s or 18s. It will make the car look tons nicer.

I would also tint the windows and lose the bumper sticker.

imgp17339ef.jpg

imgp17352mv.jpg

imgp17373db.jpg

imgp17384fr.jpg

look in my sig at my STE. I did the swap.

I didnt used to be a big fan of the light panel thing...but after owning an STE its really grown on me. The reverse tails, however, will never grow on me....hence my swap. If do decide to do the tails, you'll have to locate a new tail light harness or do about 100 cuts and splices to make the bulbs work in the right holes. It was easy for me, since I had the correct tail light harness laying around. Im still thinking of doing the splicing since when you put the new harness in you have to keep the old harness in b/c of like 3 wires that are factory spliced, its crazy. So the old harness is balled up in a corner in my trunk.

I have to disagree about the tail-lights. While I love the standard checkered kind the most, the STE ones are unique I would keep them the way they are.

You need tint!! Maybe not black, but possibly a metallic look?

Different wheels would be cool, but again you have the unique STE wheels and they are in excellent condition on the pic.

Get that damn bumper sticker off though, that's a must!!

well, with a little goo gone and some hard rubbing, i got the bumper sticker and the adhesive off...

yeah the tinted rears look good on your GP Cornerdealy, but i think its coz you're car is black... im not sure how those 5spoke rims would look on my 4-door

i actually like the stock alloys on his 4 door 2 tone, there cool, kinda rare, not many people besides TSTE and old STEs have them, and we dont have many of thoese, but i think a new regular GP trunk lid, and some regular Checkerd tail would help ur car ALOT, and tint

dont emblems suck, they get dirt around them, cause u can barley wash them, thats why i dont have any, and cause they were icky and green with corrosion, urs look cool, i wish i had an STE just cause of the badges