'93 3.1 Lumina 125-C same final drive ratio as 4T60?

ragejg

Does the 3-spd equipped 93 w-body have the same differential gear as the 4-spd?

And also, are the axleshafts/CV's compatible between teh 3 and 4 spd setups? I'm junking my 4T60 equipped 92 Euro, but might keep the axleshafts/CV's if they're compatible, as they're in good shape...

Hm, all th eparts are all laid out right now... I wouldn't gain anything by swapping my spiders so the 3-spd got the 3.33, would I? I'd lose some snappiness in the name of top speed, right? Or am I being backwards? (forgive me, I'm up late and have worked too many hrs today :P )

I liked how the 3 speed acts, after 6 years with a 4T60 I wanted to mix it up a little on this car... :P not only that, but I wanted to not have to switch out the instrument cluster, and don't want to have a mismatch on my shift indicator... Plus I think the 93's computer is being used which is all set up for the 3-speed...

So you like the gear hunting and poor gas milage then? The shift indicator is not really part of the instrument cluster, it just a little piece of plastic bolted to it. You have the Euro computer, you can use that to control it, and the axles from that car.

Hmm...

The 91 Buick 3.1 has been pulled from my toasted 92 Euro, and the tranny sits in the trunk...

At this point the garage had PLANNED on putting the 91 block into the 93/3-spd, and putting the toasted motor's intake manifold on...

Maybe I could save a coin or two and have an extra gear if they just put the 91 Buick 3.1 in, and the 4T60, and the 92's computer? Then they wouldn't have to do any disassembly of the motor...

The only thing holding me back from doing this is the fact that the 125-C that's in the 93 right now runs just fine, and feels kinda cool... but I do know a 4T60 is a better and longer lasting tranny...

Do you think the axleshafts are the same? Or would I need to bring those over from the 92 Euro?