How would these mufflers look, sound?

GrandPrix34

the 4'' diameter is the muffler itself, IIRC, it still has the 2.5'' inlet outlet, they would probably be loud as shit since they are made for "racing" kinda like the one chambered flowmasters that are basically made with a "straight through" design allowing little restriction on flow, were you thinking of putting them on the end or welding tips on the ends of them? If I were you I'd definently weld tips on them(if placing the mufflers at the very rear of the car). Let us know how they sound and/or get some exhaust clips of em when/if you get them!!!!!!!!!

btw.......this may also be a determining factor just in case you didn't notice "For race applications only, not intended for street use. Not emissions-legal."

EDIT: dang, I didn't realize that they were so CHEAP compared to other's, I guess its just because the lack of material there........might try these on the GTP SOON!!!!!!!! I'll let everyone know if I do!

Also, this is what I had previously planned for the GTP(I have two of these now...but they're going on the 93...removing the large case one chambered flowmaster(engine is too small for this muffler....lol.....recommended at least 220 hp....my 93 is probably only making 150 or less at the flywheel :lol: )

4" round housing is great for a resonator. If you run them they are going to be LOUD! i would recomend 3 of them if you do it. one in place of each muffler and once before the Y as a resonator. Again it will be LOUD! I have done a 3 glasspack setup on a couple of my cars. its loud. depending on the size of them they may have a bit of a rasp to it. again i would recomend 3 of them to eliminate rasp.

[Cat]------(muffler)--Y====(mufflers)={Tips}

RedZ

how bout this setup...

{Cat}---(glasspack)---Y===(Mufflers)(Tips)

by the way RedZ, cars running better now...Turns out it wasnt back pressure but a loose plug wire not plugged into plug :oops: so i was basically running on 5 cyclinders. I must have loosened it up when i turned the boot around when putting the STB back on.

p.s. if anyone knows were i can get some good tips wit a reasonable price, let me know....i honestly am not willing to pay $100+ on tips, rather spend 100 on some other stuff, like UD pulley+dogbone, shocks, etc...

You can host them on a site, and then have them downloaded.

I can host them for you if they are not tooooo big. Put em in MP3 format to save some room.

I dont have size/bandwith limits on my server stuff, that i know of. My site is hosted by my friend in Fredricksburg VA, and he just said to keep it low....which it is

jon

well i got rid of the raspy sound by applying a glasspack, paid 31 buxs. Man im now more relieved it doesnt sound as bad...ima by the mufflers on the link and see how they look...ill do the same RedZ said, place glasspack before Y, then go 2.5 from Y to Mufflers wit some corvette tips...BUUAAHAHAHAHAH!!!

GrandPrix34, I have these tips, paid $98 shipped to my door, they're quite large but fit the BYP and/or B4U exhaust tip cut-outs very well

265887_3_full.jpg they're 304 Stainless Steel tips with 2.25'' inlet and dual 3.5'' outlets..they are big!!!! here's you a link to them on JCWhitney's site if you're interested/like them http://www.jcwhitney.com/item.jhtml?ITEMID=56075&BQ=jcw2

how do they sound compared to wit out them? thank god i put a glasspack on my system, now it sounds cleaner and smoother.

who are you asking this? If you're asking me I'm assuming you mean tips? if not, this is just a "heads-up/for your info"...I had some screw on dual slash cut tips before this, and they whistled bad(sounded awful), so if you're getting different tips......get the weld on kind!!!!!

they sound great to me, they're straight through and un-resonated, I'll try to get the clips of the exhaust(one chamber flowmaster and no cat) sometime this weekend if possible, one of my friends recorded it for me about two weeks ago and hasn't sent me the files yet

GrandPrix34, I have these tips, paid $98 shipped to my door, they're quite large but fit the BYP and/or B4U exhaust tip cut-outs very well

265887_3_full.jpg they're 304 Stainless Steel tips with 2.25'' inlet and dual 3.5'' outlets..they are big!!!! here's you a link to them on JCWhitney's site if you're interested/like them http://www.jcwhitney.com/item.jhtml?ITEMID=56075&BQ=jcw2

Hey! I've got those tips on my Monte! They're pretty nice, but after 2 years they're getting quite a bit of buildup on them. I'm really gonna have to clean them up soon!

Tim

I have a 3" Dynomax Ultraflo oval on my 2.5L turbocharged Dodge Shadow ES. They are available in the bullet. round, and oval. The exhaust consists of 3" mandrel bent downpipe, no cat, and the straight thru 3" Ultraflo. I was amazed at how much it quieted things down compared to 3" pipe alone. I had an extra 2.5" Ultraflo oval that I gave to malibuolds; he is considering using it on his Cutlass 3.1L turbo.

To hear the mp3 comparison:

http://www.captaineleven.com/jerm/

Guest TurboSedan

nah, the Ultraflow you gave me is going to be for the GTS along with a complete 2.5" exhaust. i want to copy Eclipse5302's setup on my CS - 3" from the downpipe back and put the muffler where the cat was and straight pipe all the way back out to dual tips...badass....

joshua

Its loud and obnoxious even on a turbo car! contrary to what has been said, the turbo does not mask the exhaust noise. I am going to remove the straight pipe cuz I am getting tired of it. But if you want some quick spool and don't mind it that mod is only about $30.